This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||May 23, 2023
||$78,199 ~ $98,711 Per Year
Salary Range: $78,199.00 - $98,711.00
The Application Programming Interface (API) Developer is responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining our APIs, as well as ensuring their security, scalability, and performance.
Designs and develops applications on various platforms. Identifies and resolves bugs and issues on local and productions systems. Keeps up to date with latest technologies, hardware and software applications, and company product and service offerings. Writes clean and efficient code using relevant software.
Promotes quality, innovation, teamwork, and timely communication of issues / opportunities. Participates in the team resolution of issues, and communicates issues, solutions, and provides feedback and additional findings to the management team.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and Experience
- Analyses, designs, develops, codes, and implements API programs and development.
- Implements and maintains API integrations with third-party services and systems.
- Develops, tests, and implements software solutions. Defines technical specifications, creates software and data processing scripts, and ensures quality by performing testing.
- Follows applicable source-control and change management processes.
- Participates in interdepartmental project meetings to garner an understanding of requirements and provide development guidance as needed.
- Participates in software deployments as support or lead to ensure project success.
- Continually develops an increased understanding of Mainstreet’s operations and the products and services that it provides.
- Prepares detailed documentation and demonstrates proof of concept to confirm business requirements and functional specifications. Adheres to project plans, and deadlines. Provides guidance to team members. Contributes to goals and performance management.
- Takes end-to-end responsibility for the requirement gathering, estimation, planning, development, testing, debugging, bug fixing, documentation, and production readiness of the products and services that are getting built.
- Continuously evaluate new technologies and industry developments to improve API design and functionality.
- Solves critical technical problems, and communicates issues, and solutions to team members, and provides feedback and additional findings to the management team.
- Interfaces with other groups or departments regarding internal or external project requirements.
- Resolves escalations and communicates findings to members of the software and management teams. Provides feedback, performs research, prepares documentation, and answers queries/questions, from stakeholders and management.
- Ensures that information assets are handled in compliance with the Mainstreet’s policies and other relevant regulations and requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Mainstreet Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and encourages a culture of inclusion. Accommodations are available upon request for all candidates in all aspects of the process.
To apply, please click this link: Recruitment (adp.com)
- 3- or 4-year University or College degree in Computer Sciences.
- Relevant application development experience, with a minimum of 1 year in a senior development role.
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages such as C(#), Java, Python, or Node.js.
- Experience with Web/API development frameworks such as ASP.Net Core, Express.js or Spring Boot.
- Knowledge of API design principles such as REST and GraphQL.
- Familiarity with database technologies such as MSSQL and MySQL.
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Azure is a plus.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Effectively communicate technical concepts and issues to non-technical stakeholders.