Hive Media Group is looking for a highly motivated Front-End Developer, the ideal candidate being a true self-starter capable of working in an autonomous environment with minimal supervision.
About Hive Media:
Hive Media redefines what it means to be a people-driven news and entertainment company. Our team focuses on creating and acquiring content properties, which allow us to cultivate solid relationships with our communities, technology experts, and advertising partners. Our platform provides AI optimized campaigns across dozens of native, social, and programmatic ad networks. When paired with highly verticalized publishing platforms we are able to deliver the most focused content with the best ad experience to users anywhere in the world.
We are seeking a talented and experienced Front-End Developer to join our dynamic team. As a crucial member of our development team, you will be responsible for translating user interface and user experience designs into code, ensuring seamless and responsive web applications, and maintaining and improving our client side ad technologies. The ideal candidate should have a strong command of front-end technologies, excellent problem-solving skills, and a passion for creating visually appealing and intuitive user interfaces. You will also need to collaborate cross-functionally with the Media, Content, and Product teams to execute their vision and put the best version of the product forward.
- Proven experience as a Front-End Developer, with a strong portfolio showcasing previous projects.
- Intermediate knowledge of web markup languages (HTML5, CSS3).
- Intermediate knowledge of PHP.
- Understanding of web performance best practices (e.g. analyze and optimize critical rendering path).
- Working knowledge of MySQL.
- Experience with Git, Gulp, JSON-LD and Node.js are a plus.
- Possess an ambitious work ethic.
- Able to multitask and prioritize projects.
- Not afraid to seek help and ask questions when necessary.
- Someone capable of creating a clear plan of action and follow-through.
- Must be able to abandon a project and move on when it is no longer optimal to pursue it.
- Eagerness to learn new trends and technologies.
- Experience with responsive design and mobile development.
- Experience with front-end frameworks/libraries such as Angular.
- Knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Intermediate knowledge of the WordPress core software and its functions at the code level.
- Experience building custom WordPress themes/plugins that are database driven.
- Understanding of WordPress coding and security best practices.
- Experience with ad technologies such as Prebid.js.
Why Work for Hive?
- Work environment with talented, smart, and fun colleagues
- Professional growth opportunities
- Employer contribution towards Medical, Dental, and Vision premiums for all regular full-time employees and their dependents
- 401(k) with employer-paid contributions
- Paid holidays each year.
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off).
- Fully stocked kitchen with gourmet coffee, healthy and indulgent snacks of all kinds
- Daily catered lunches
- On site gym with Peloton bicycles
- Company-sponsored events and fully hosted summer and winter celebrations
The salary range for this job is estimated at $70,000 to $116,000 USD per year. This takes into account the wide range of factors considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to skill sets, experience, training, and education.
While performing the essential duties of the job, the employee will be required to talk or hear for frequent communication and the exchange of accurate information. The employee will frequently be required to stand or sit in a stationary position for long stretches of time. The employee will be required to use hands/fingers and reach with their arms to operate computers and other office machinery. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Hive Media Group LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
Learn more and Apply