Data & Analytics Specialist
StarTech.com is looking to grow its Data Analytics Department by adding a new Data & Analytics Specialist.
Reporting to the Manager, Analytics, the Data & Analytics Specialist will assist the Data Analytics department in areas such as data compilation, basic analysis, modelling, dashboarding and reporting. This role is responsible for effectively interpreting and analyzing large data sets, turning this information into meaningful and clear insights and ultimately aiding the organization in making data-driven decisions.
In addition, this individual will be responsible for supporting the development, monitoring, testing and implementation of data models. He/she is accountable for the quality, timeliness, accuracy and completeness of their work.
This position offers a competitive salary, bonus potential, and benefit package.
In this role you will:
- Evaluate and obtain data from multiple sources (internal and external) and interpret / analyze using statistical techniques to provide ongoing reports as well as identify trends or patterns
- Develop and implement dashboards and reporting as per requirements of the business
- Leverage your Data Modeling toolkit by summarizing and providing summary statistics on data or proof of concept using Excel, understand the functional nature of various pre-built R scripts and update, clean, organize and format data for input into R scripts
- Learn and understand the use of BI software to support higher level reporting, which may include the use of dynamic modeling
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and management to prioritize business information needs for various business segments
- Partner with IT and Data Governance teams in order to automate “maintenance” reporting where possible
- Work with non-technical functional groups to help determine needs and delivery requirements
- Present summary outputs to different levels of the organization when needed via clear, concise and well-constructed PowerPoint presentations
- Update and monitor the effectiveness of various Data Analytics initiatives
- Choose and apply basic statistical tests/methods to measure marketing effectiveness for discrete activities
What You Can Show Us
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Business, Statistics, Technology or relevant cumulative experience
- 2+ years working experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst, working with large data sets
- Strong working knowledge of data models, data mining, database development, statistical analysis and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages, databases, and using statistical packages (SQL, Excel, PowerBI, R)
- Robust analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate
- Adept at queries, reporting and presenting findings
- Ability to communicate results in a clear and concise manner
What we Offer:
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan and RRSP Matching
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Training and Development Program
- Paid Charity Day and Regular Company Fun Events
- Casual Dress Code – Jeans are allowed!
- Free Parking and Subsidized Employee Café
- StarTech.com Product Discount
- Bonus Plan
How to Apply--Please select the one that works best for you!
- Submit your resume in confidence by applying on-line directly to www.startech.com/careers
- Apply via our LinkedIn posting on our LinkedIn Careers page StarTech.com Careers
StarTech.com is able to provide accommodation to job applicants throughout the hiring process. If you require an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, please advise in your cover letter.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit