Senior Video Creator
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes is seeking a Senior Video Creator to create award winning videos that promote Warframe and achieve our marketing objectives. Do you have a cinematic eye for building a scene and capturing gameplay footage? Do you love finding out of the box ways to tell stories, collaborating with almost every type of video game professional? Then this may be the job for you!
- Direct, capture, and edit industry-leading gameplay video content
- Craft outlines, shotlists, and moodboards that guide the script to screen.
- Step behind Warframe's capture tools to create exciting gameplay and in-game cinematography.
- Work with other capture artists to solve challenging concepts to achieve both clarity and gameplay excellence.
- Develop your familiarity with Warframe’s Captura, Evolution Engine and Maya to find new ways to achieve creative visuals
- Imagine creative solutions using existing in-game content (like animations and models)
- Work with your team to find creative ideas to delight players and achieve the goals set in the creative brief
- Work with your colleagues to improve your craft and the technologies enabling it
- Work closely with the Marketing team to understand the creative directions to then translate into effective promotional assets
- Work fast to tight deadlines with quality end results
- Actively participate in the feedback loop, accepting feedback from, and providing feedback within the marketing team
- Multitask effectively, prioritize competing demands, and following through on details
- 5+ Years of relevant experience, 2+ years experience creating gameplay video content for a studio, company, or channel
- Goal-oriented and competitive, with excellent follow-through on commitments
- Enjoys conceptualizing video projects through outlines and scripts
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- Willingness and aptitude to learn new techniques and best practices.
- Have a genuine enthusiasm and interest in video games.
- Experience achieving strategic objectives/creative strategy within video assets
- Familiarity with game engines (like Unreal or Unity)
- Knowledge of video formats and different platform requirements
- Proficient in video editing techniques and software (Ex: Adobe Premiere)
- Has good understanding of lighting and camera knowledge
- Has Experience with colour grading and post FX
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II. The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™. For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional development and career support
- Fitness and parking/transit subsidies
- Daily lunches prepared onsite by our in-studio Executive Chef and professional kitchen staff
- All-day snacks and drinks, sleep pods, massage chairs, cold brew, dog therapy days and more
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.