Location: London, Ontario
Canada Life is embarking on a transformation that will change the way we work and how we help our customers. In our Digital Labs, we are designing, coding and delivering new products improving the lives of millions of Canadians. We are changing the way a trusted institution operates by acting as a start-up, bringing human centered design, agile and modern web development practices to life. Our multi-functional teams of Designers, Developers, Scrum Masters and Product Owners all huddle together because we have an open, innovative and inclusive culture which is focused on us – talented individuals.
As a Scrum Master, you employ servant leadership to coach and support the team in agile product development and delivery methods. You teach and coach the team on agile practices and principles. You will lead and/or facilitates scrum ceremonies, remove team-level impediments, and shield the team from external distractions. You will ensure clear communication and understanding between the Product Owner and the team. Additionally, as the Scrum Master you will be coaching team members on continuous process improvements and goals, ensuring the achievement of excellent results whilst building and nurturing a trusting and safe environment.
What You'll Do:
- Organize and guide the team on how to use Scrum and Agile practices and methodologies
- Lead daily Scrum, Sprint review, and planning meetings in a way that ensures full team engagement
- Support Product Owner on release planning and remove impediments
- Foster close cooperation across all team members, encouraging cross-training and mutual support
- Shield the team from external interference and ensuring the team is fully functional and productive
- Foster self-organization and growth within the team
- Generate Agile mindset in teams through conversations, coaching, and role-playing exercises
Who You Are:
- A couple of years of experience as a Scrum Master or Agile Coach, during which you coached teams on Agile practices and ensure adherence to Agile methodology
- Demonstrate ability to promote innovative thinking and self-improvement within the team
- Proven knowledge of Agile, Scrum, Kanban, SAFe or any other tricks up your sleeve to guide and optimize the way the team works to allow Sprints to be completed on time
- Past developer experience is preferred
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate complex messages and teach new concepts
- Bring a high-energy and passionate outlook to the job and can influence those around her/him
- Able to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a comfortable & effective workplace
Canada Life is a leading insurance, wealth management and benefits provider focused on improving the financial, physical and mental well-being of Canadians. For more than 170 years, individuals, families and business owners across Canada have trusted us to provide sound guidance and deliver on the promises we’ve made.
As of January 1, 2020, Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life became one company – Canada Life, and today, we proudly serve more than 13 million customer relationships from coast to coast to coast.
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Canada Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness in our head office facilities. ?If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted
Apply for this job online