This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
Do you love working in a team with people who are dedicated to excellence? Do you have a passion for translating content from English to French? Are you known for your attention to detail? Are you looking for a company that ignites excitement for the work you do? Do you want to work for an employer who makes you feel valued for the work that you do?
If this is you, we have the CAREER you have been searching for!
WHO WE ARE
We engage employees and empower leaders to love what they do by being the most complete and connected HR solution in Canada, and we want you to love what you do!
Since 2005, we’ve helped Canadian businesses more quickly and efficiently accomplish HR tasks by providing them with end-to-end solutions and services for all things people. We pioneered live HR advice and continue to elevate our HR software and services to stay on top of changing business needs. Last year, we won three 5-Star Awards from the Canadian HR Reporter for Learning and Development, HR Consulting, and Compensation. All of these awards resulted from client nominations and testimonials.
Our passion for all things people applies to everything we do! HRdownloads has been recognized NINE TIMES as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces, most recently in 2022 with further recognition in Best Workplaces for Professional Services and for Hybrid Work!
Noted for our unique and engaging ways, we have also been ranked as one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies for six years with recognition for continued profit growth from the Report on Business. We have more awards to come and are excited to celebrate everything that our people contribute to our culture of family and innovation. We want each person to be the greatest of all time, and that includes you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Our translator is primarily responsible for translating text that has been written in English into French. The content is related to human resource management, legal obligations related to employment, and current workplace trends and best practices. Most often, these translations will be used when revising existing content. The translation may be used in a variety of types of content, including articles, training scripts, website content, blogposts, marketing campaigns, webinars, and documents.
As our translator you will:
- Translate new text from English into French, in accordance with established timelines.
- Ensure accuracy, grammar, and consistent voice and tone in French content.
- Review existing French text and make corrections and updates as needed.
- Research to ensure knowledge of human resources French terminology aligns with industry standards.
- Collaborate with the Content Development Manager and key internal stakeholders to ensure the continuous improvement and growth of HRdownloads’ content.
- Collaborate with other members of the Research and Content Department and other departments to create, review, and maintain a variety of content, documents, tools, and training materials that are in line with current legislation.
You are a professional translator who:
- Has at least 2 years of experience translating written English text into French text, preferably translating human resources content.
- Has successfully completed a bachelor’s degree in translation.
- Is certified by a provincial certifying body.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrates consistent attention to detail.
- Adapts and responds to changing conditions, priorities, and requirements.
- The rewards are plentiful! We offer a competitive compensation structure for all your hard work.
- We want you to have a life outside work. Our hours of operation are Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. That’s it; no shift work and no weekends!
- We care about you. 10 paid wellness days, 5 paid sick days, health and dental benefits, EFAP, RRSP, and employer-paid GoodLife memberships are just a few of the ways to show you that your well-being matters to us!
- We care about giving back. We believe that a team builds a company and a company builds a community, and that's why we take pride in giving back to our London community! Check out HRdonates.
- Flexible work model. We want you to work where you are most productive; in office, at home, or a hybrid of the two!
- Thrive in our culture. We’ve been recognized NINE TIMES as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces and are rated 4.5 out of 5 stars on Glassdoor.
- We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. Joining the HRdownloads team means you will have a lot of fun, from exciting company incentives to Friday morning virtual team builders. We make certain to take time to celebrate our successes!
- Grow your career with us. When you join our team, you are signing up for more than just a job; you are signing up for a career! You won't be just another human to fill a role, we see you as YOU; who you are today and who you aspire to be. That's why we invest in our employees through regular coaching, training, and professional development.
So, what do you say? Do you have what it takes to be a member of our award-winning team? If so, send us your résumé!
HRdownloads is an equal opportunity employer and will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request and throughout the entire recruitment process.
Thank you for considering a career with HRdownloads.
Apply for this job