Inside Sales Account Representative
Job Category: Sales
Requisition Number: INSID01774
StarTech.com is looking for an Inside Sales Account Representative to join our North American Sales Team.
Working alongside an energetic North American Sales Team, the Inside Sales Account Representative is the primary contact for Value Added Reseller (VAR) and Direct Market Reseller (DMR) channel partners. We’re looking for someone with a keen understanding of channel businesses and experience working in a similar environment. While supporting general inquiries from large managed DMR and VAR partners, this position has accountability for meeting defined revenue goals, directly impacting StarTech.com’s bottom line.
This position offers a competitive salary, bonus potential, and benefit package.
What will you be doing?
- You will provide support to Channel Business, Account, and Business Development Managers by assisting with product inquiries and availability, special pricing, product sample requests and identifying open quote and end user engagement opportunities.
- You will leverage and engage appropriate contacts to move the business forward and resolve situations with an understanding of when to escalate opportunities and challenges.
- You will probe to qualify and identify StarTech.com product com product that would complement or enhance the customer solution.
- You will coordinate special bid pricing and manage bid opportunities through all stages of the funnel from identification to fulfillment.
- You will be accountable for meeting quarterly and annual sales goals established for a book of business.
- You will manage inbound sales inquiries and direct partners to the applicable distribution partner.
- You will solicit sales through phone and email, educating and promoting product offerings, as well as value added offerings such as information optimization.
- You will maintain a high degree of product knowledge with an ability to articulate the key product stories in a compelling manner.
What can you bring to the table?
- A moderate technical level with a passion for ongoing education.
- Ability to problem solve and make recommendations on solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to engage and interact productively with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- A high degree of integrity and character representing the company in a proficient and professional manner.
- Ability to listen and identify messages and priorities conveyed both directly and indirectly.
- A customer-first mindset.
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan and RRSP Matching program
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Training and Development Program
- Paid Charity Day and Regular Company Fun Events
- Free Parking and Subsidized Employee Café
- StarTech.com Product Discount
- Bonus Plan
StarTech.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, StarTech.com will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
How to Apply
- Submit your resume in confidence by applying on-line directly to www.startech.com/careers
- Apply via our LinkedIn posting on our LinkedIn Careers page.
We are in the business of human-centered experiences starting with yours. We believe delivering on our promise of "hard-to-find, made easy" begins with an employee experience founded in opportunity, teamwork, empowerment, and curious minds always asking what if. Not only does our commitment to the exceptional deepen relationships with our partners and customers, it also ignites connection within our team.
Born and raised in London, Ontario, Canada and now taking on the world, we are a vibrant and growing tech company with a proven track-record of success. StarTech.com makes it easy for IT professionals around the globe to identify, find, get and use the hard-to-find connectivity parts they need to enable and enhance their technology solutions.
Operating in 23 countries globally, we are honoured to be named by Kincentric in 2019 as one of Canada’s “Best Employers” as well as “one of Canada’s fastest growing companies” for a ninth year in a row by “Profit 500”.