This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Sep 24, 2023
Manager, Business Development
Posting Number 41130
Requisition Title Manager, Business Development
Internal Posting Closing Date
External Closing Date 10/04/2023
Open Until Filled No
Campus Location London
Department Community & Industry Research (CIR)
Employment Group Admin
Salary Range $78,295 to $97,869
Hours of Work per Week
Working at Fanshawe College
Fanshawe College is committed to the principles of hybrid work and may offer this option to employees whose work can be performed in an alternate location, without adverse impact to the operations of the College, inclusive of our Student and Staff experience. Confirmation of hybrid work options available to you will be clarified upon hire and may be subject to change based on the duties required of your position. Successful candidates will be required to perform work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus, as required.
Note: This is a full-time temporary Administrative position (37.5 hours per week).
Duties: Under the general direction of the Dean, Centre for Research and Innovation ( CRI ), the Manager, Industry Business Development is accountable for attracting new industry partners to conduct funded research projects with CRI and its various laboratory environments. The incumbent provides supervision of Industry Outreach and Communication Coordinator, and manages the marketing plan and CRM system.
Under supervision of Dean, CRI the incumbent will aid in the development of strategic industry partnership development, grant applications, and promotional activities.
In co-operation with the Dean, CRI and Manager, Research Operations, the incumbent is responsible for overseeing BD metrics input and monitoring. Primary responsibility for performance of Industry Outreach and Communications Coordinator.
- Post-secondary 4-year degree in related discipline such as Science
- Graduate degrees in electrical engineering, chemistry, or biology related considered a significant asset
- Minimum 5 years’ related, progressive work experience is required at the point of hire into this position
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered; preference will be given to applicants meeting the education requirements
- Solid skills and experience in business development, partnership development and management, human resource management, budget planning, forecasting and resource allocation, business development in a science and technology industry
- Supervisory experience with strong leadership ability
- Excellent problem-solving, customer service and communication skills
- Experience in a biotechnology level 1 and level 2 laboratory environment, chemical laboratories or electrical engineering environment is a significant asset
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.
Special Instructions to Applicants
In order to view the related Job Description, copy and paste the following URL into a new browser window. https://hrjobsweb.fanshawec.ca/ CIRBUSDMGRAF %20-%20Manager,%20Business%20Development%20(Vacant)_Final.pdf