Licensed Ontario Land Surveyor/Project Manager
Are you looking to join a growing, dynamic team of individuals and an organization that is a leader in the Ontario Survey industry?
Callon Dietz is actively searching for a licensed Ontario Land Surveyor (OLS) to join our team in London, ON.
Why Callon Dietz?
Not only will you have a great place to work and continued opportunity for growth, you will have access to the latest technology advancements in the field and the opportunity to work on major infrastructure projects. You will join a team that is a leader in the surveying industry with COR and ISO 9001 safety certifications.
Our team knows how to work hard, and we value work-life balance. As a member of the Callon Dietz team you will enjoy:
- Competitive compensation, including generous food and travel per diems for use at your discretion
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Flexible work hours
- RRSP with employer matched contributions
- Travel opportunities
- Safety wear allowance
- Relocation assistance
- Student debt repayment
- Training and development
- Educational assistance
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Managing all aspects of survey projects including price estimates, cost-tracking, client communication, resource scheduling, invoicing, and on-time delivery
- Acting as Project Manager on a variety of projects within various survey knowledge areas (i.e. condominiums, roads, boundary retracement, etc.)
- Performing and reviewing survey calculations
- Identifying survey methods and approaches for field and drafting personnel
- Ensuring quality control measures are applied and documented
- Ensuring that all products adhere to the applicable Federal, Provincial, Municipal, and City regulations
- Reviewing project deliverables prior to client release
- Engaging with the Registry Office to ensure the seamless registration or deposit of plans
- Communicating effectively with management on project status
- Developing relationships with new and existing clients
- Mentoring and training all levels of the team to aid development and succession planning
- Mentoring our articling students through all aspects of their professional development
- Meeting/exceeding all AOLS Continual Professional Development (CPD) requirements
The Ideal Candidate
- Must have obtained their licensed Ontario Land Surveyor (OLS) accreditation
- Has 1-3 years working experience as an OLS
- Is a member in good standing with the Association for Ontario Land Surveyors (AOLS)
- Is highly proficient in cadastral and engineering surveying methodologies
- Has excellent communication and project management skills
- Has a strong working knowledge of CAD and other relevant surveying software
- Understands the limitations and use of standard surveying equipment
Callon Dietz Inc. is a progressive land surveying and subsurface utility engineering firm offering surveying, mapping and land information services to customers located throughout Ontario. Founded in 1967, we have over 50 years of industry experience and are widely recognized as one of the top five surveying firms in the province. Today, we have four offices across Ontario located in London, North Bay, Oshawa, and Carleton Place.
Callon Dietz is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a barrier-free environment and promoting independence, dignity, integration, and equal opportunities for persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available, upon request, for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
To apply for this opportunity please visit: www.callondietz.com/careers