Salesforce DevOps Engineer
Info-Tech is one of the world’s fastest-growing IT research and advisory companies, proudly serving over 30,000 IT professionals. We are looking for a strong Salesforce DevOps Engineer to join our team.
Why join us?
When you join Info-Tech you get access to unlimited opportunities for professional growth and development in your field of expertise or areas you are interested in. We promote learning to help you be a better professional and we will also pay for some of those certifications.
You will work in a highly collaborative team that functions efficiently even in a remote work setting. You will have flexibility to work from home, at the office (located in London / Toronto Ontario and quite fun), or in a hybrid mode.
We offer great competitive salaries, benefits plan, and RRSP matching plans.
The Salesforce DevOps Engineer’s role is to support, plan, facilitate and assist all activities related to the design, development, deployment, and implementation of our Salesforce Instances.
The Salesforce DevOps Engineer may also be required to assist / perform updates to application code as well as supporting infrastructure.
This position will require a deep understanding of the Salesforce application deployment pipelines, cloud infrastructure and security and automation tools surrounding this discipline. Majority of the work performed in this role will be done within normal office hours, although there may be times when after-hours work is required for downtime on applications and infrastructure.
About Our Stack:
Our Salesforce instances have a variety of customized and configured solutions with both Managed Packages (Rollup Helper, Address Tools, Cloudingo, etc.) and Unmanaged Packages. The customization includes (but not limited to) Apex Classes, Triggers, Async Jobs, Visual Force Pages & Components, Aura Lightning Components, Lightning Web Components, Platform Events, Process Builders and Flows. Integrations with Client facing products using direct endpoints or Informatica as our ETL solution. Sales tools include CPQ, Sales Cloud & Service Cloud. OwnBackup is used to configure data relevant for sandbox purposes.
- Planning, execution, and implementation of the CICD (Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery) pipeline for Sales Operations Salesforce Orgs
- Support the Development and Administration teams with all needs regarding the CICD pipeline
- Source Repositories
- Sandbox Refreshes
- Deployment Processes
- Backup and Recovery
- Ensure feature, scheduled, and hotfixes releases meet all SFDC requirements for deployment and are optimized for best performance and practices
- Lead the Sales Operations on the current Salesforce Best Practices related to Design, Implementation and Automation
- Work closely with the Sales Operations Teams to design and implement Test Automations, Continuous Monitoring and Validation
- Work with Sales Operations Development Team to ensure code repositories and the types of metadata support our processes
- Perform regular maintenance on the orgs and ensure SFDC release compatibility
- Ensure that sandbox orgs are configured appropriately, and sandbox integrations and data is available when applicable
- Design and implement the release Schedule(s) and maintain the release notes
Our Ideal Candidate Profile looks like:
Formal Education & Certification
- Three-year college diploma or university degree in computer systems design or computer science, and/or 5 years equivalent work experience preferred.
Knowledge & Experience
- 4+ years of experience in DevOps and / or equivalent work areas in technology
- 1+ year experience in DevOps with Salesforce
- Experience in Salesforce (Apex, SOQL), and Salesforce Administration
- Experience in Salesforce DevOps and tools like GitHub, OwnBackup, Informatica, Visual Studio Code, Salesforce CLI
- Experience in building and enhancing CICD pipelines and tools to deploy Salesforce Packages (Gearset / Jenkins / Copado)
- Experience with collaboration tools like Jira
- Proven success when implementing DevOps and Release Management Strategies with large-scale platforms like Salesforce
- Clear understanding of complex systems including data flows, integrations, and infrastructure
- Experience in Salesforce Cloud Platform production deployments
- In-depth knowledge of build/release systems and process
- Experience implementing and maintaining DevSecOps frameworks and practices
- Experience setting up monitoring and providing analytics and reporting
You will be a rockstar in this role, if you are/have
- Efficient, organized, and follow through on commitments.
- have great analytical skills, and pay attention to detail.
- Able to stay calm under pressure, have a great work ethic, and communicate well.
- Experience working in a highly collaborative, team environment.
- A drive for excellence and do not accept the mundane.
- Urge for a higher standard. Be proactive.
- Be open to new ideas and personal feedback
- Try new things. Fail and learn from failure.
Info-Tech Research Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic including Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran and are pleased to consider all qualified applicants. To that end, upon request, ITRG will ensure, to the extent possible, that accommodation be made available to applicants throughout the recruitment and hiring process.