Product Designer - Remote
Who is a Product Designer?
The Product Designer is responsible for translating complex consumer and business needs into simple and elegant user experiences for GoodLife’s brand-defining digital products and services. The Product Designer is passionate about fitness and member experience in a way that engages Members and potential members and sets GoodLife apart from the competition.
This role sits at the intersection of business and user needs, producing impactful and memorable experiences. They work hand in hand with digital product, strategy, developer, and marketing teams and are seen as progressive, efficient and highly engaged, providing creative methods of interpreting customer perspectives.
The Product Designer should be fluent in the art of designing for the interaction between humans and machines as well as possess and ability to inspire, tell stories and articulate a vision for design within the company’s enterprise digital experience.
What will you be doing?
- Create intuitive and elegant product design solutions that solve complex consumer problems and drive business results
- Regularly present your work to senior leaders and product teams for review and feedback
- Work with the User Researchers to understand consumer needs, opportunities and pain points to continually inform an iterative design process.
- Use data collected from behavior metrics, user testing, and market analysis to create user-centered design solutions that align with digital strategy and company goals.
- Collaborate and partner with Product Owners, Designers, Analysts, Engineers, Developers, Marketers, and Partners throughout the discovery, design and development process to ensure the user experience meets and exceeds our users’ expectations
- Create detailed design deliverables utilizing and contributing to company design language system and pattern library. Communicate design strategy and UX/UI goals/rationale to key stakeholders
- Create visual artifacts to articulate, inform, validate, and demonstrate user interaction and ideas with consumers and stakeholders (process flows, prototypes, wireframes, high fidelity mockups. sketches, journey maps, personas, etc.)
- Work within an agile environment to design user centric applications
- Create and maintain design documentation including specifications, redlines, and style guides
- Monitor UI trends and propose best practices and stay current on all the tools, principles and practices in product design, prototyping and development. Drive continuous improvement.
- Facilitate meetings and brainstorming sessions that are organized and productive
- Advocate for high standards of excellence in providing delightful and rewarding user experiences, and proactively support the team in achieving them
Do you have what it takes?
- College diploma or University degree in Web Design, Graphic Design, Product Design or related field
- 5+ years of experience in digital mediums as a product designer, interaction designer, UI Designer, or comparable user experience professional
- A portfolio or work samples showcasing comprehensive knowledge, experience, creativity, and depth of thought in product design, coupled with fluency in best practices for Interaction Design, Visual Design, and Prototyping in digital cross platform environment.
- Proven track record devising and designing high-quality consumer products in collaboration with product management and engineering partners.
- Passion for technology and design, and the drive to stay on top of industry trends and best practices
- Persuasive communicator - able to explain complex or intangible concepts to stakeholders at all levels
- Good listener - weighs input from multiple perspectives when forming opinions and recommendations
- Excels in environments demanding collaborative and team-oriented work approaches
- Solid understanding of user-centered design processes and ability to balance customer needs with business goals and metrics in developing solutions
- Experience with brainstorming techniques and getting consensus among a large, diverse group of stakeholders
- Experience leveraging user research and the ability to clearly articulate your design decisions and what problems they're solving
- Strong demonstration of Product Design principles and deliverables, including rapid prototyping, journey maps, detailed flows, and pattern libraries etc.
- Ability to convert ideas quickly into design artifacts
- Ability to perform design critiques and supply objective feedback to others
- Strong critical thinking and analysis skills
- Able to train and mentor others in design methodologies and best practices
- Solid experience designing and prototyping native app and web solutions for a range of formats: sizes/resolutions: mobile, tablet, desktop, kiosk, etc.
- Experience with Agile development processes
- Responsive/adaptive design experience a plus
What's in it for you?
- Ongoing training and development to ensure a long and successful career path
- Career advancement opportunities
- Competitive Total Rewards Package
- FREE Fitness membership
- Fun and energetic atmosphere to come to every day!
At GoodLife Fitness, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and members feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. We are committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a manner that respects their dignity and that is equitable. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.