PSD is a full-service firm offering research, consulting services and software to the North American public sector market. Our client base includes hundreds of small, mid-sized, and large municipalities from across North America, provincial/state and federal government agencies, and private sector entities. We are an industry leader that specializes in enterprise asset management and financial budgeting for municipalities. Over our years of experience, we have developed cutting-edge software solutions for our client’s asset management and financial budgeting needs, leaving behind mature and manageable programs making positive impacts in local communities.
As we continue to grow our team, we are seeking a full-time Business Analyst to join the IT team at our head office in London, ON.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Working within PSD’s Implementation Team & Development Team to identify and assist in the re-engineering, improvement or replacement of business processes and related technology.
- Conducting and facilitative meetings with stakeholders including clients and other cross-function teams to analyze and combine detailed functional and non-functional requirements.
- Bridging communication and understanding gaps between technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Conducting needs analysis, developing specifications, systems training and design documentation contributing to the system development life cycle (SDLC).
- Creating project documentation according to the Project Management Standards including Requirement Management Plan, Use cases, User stories, Business Requirement Document, Requirement traceability matrix (RTM), Functional requirement specification (FRS)/ Functional Specification Document (FSD), System requirement specification (SRS)/ System Requirement Document (SRD), Test case and other project documentations & artifacts.
- Drafting documentation such as Business Requirement Documents, Functional Requirement Documents, Use Case diagrams, Epic/User story logs, System Specifications
- Gathering, documenting, and validating business requirements and producing business requirement documentation.
- Developing a detailed implementation and support plan to the end-users including training materials, modules, e-learning, etc.
- Document as-is and to-be recommendations for process adjustments, improvements, and integrations.
- Supporting system design, development and testing activities and provide requirements clarification if necessary.
- Implementing development methodologies depending on the context of the system: Agile, Waterfall, Iterative, Lean, etc.
- Performing system functionality verification and sanity testing.
- Support QA activities to develop test cases, and during testing execution.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post Secondary degree or diploma in Computer Science or the equivalent, combined with directly related experience in a business or computer related discipline.
- 1-3 years of experience as a Business Analyst, Systems Analyst, or Business System Analyst within a software environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including technical writing skills.
- Exceptional ability to elicit, analyze and document requirements from multiple groups or business units.
- Sound knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (Waterfall or Agile).
- Experience working with Google Drive Suite, Universal Modelling Language (UML), Development Methodologies, Atlassian Tools (JIRA, Confluence, Stash integration).
- Deadline driven individual with strong verbal and written communication skills, problem solving, attention to detail, creative, and able to collaborate with team members with professionalism and tact.
- Ability to work independently with both technical staff and users at various levels to investigate and validate all aspects of document and/or business problem and overcome any obstacles to finding answers.
- Expert knowledge of MS Office tools (Access, Excel, Word, and Power Point) and familiarity with MS Project, and Visio.
- Experience implementing IT Service Management systems and associated processes.
- Experience using structured techniques for business and system analysis.
- Thorough understanding of project management, data security audit concepts, and quality assurance principles.
- Professional self-starter with a commitment to constantly upgrade skills through continuous learning.
All resumes will be reviewed for experience working with key technologies. Only those who qualify will be contacted for an initial screening interview. We strive to provide a quick recruitment process, but to find the right candidate for the job the process may take up to a month to complete. We will let the candidates know if we will not be moving them to the next step in the process.
If you are invited to a screening interview you will discuss your experience with one of our HR team members. This interview is an opportunity to get to know a little more about the company, the type of work we do and impact we have.
In person Interview
Candidates invited to a virtual interview will meet with our Chief Technology Officer, a member of the HR team, and the team lead. This will allow the candidate to get to know the team as well as learn more about our processes, culture and growth opportunities we have at PSD.
Why work with us?
Employee personal and career growth is important to us and we will encourage you to pursue the things you care about. We have a mentoring program that matches you with a senior developer for your first three months to ensure you get fully acquainted with our tech. We also encourage continuous learning through a Training & Development program allowing our developers to fully explore their interests and contribute to different product development teams at PSD.
Full Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance Program
Company Matched RRSP Contributions
Flex Hours & Paid Time off
Social and Charity events and initiatives
London Ontario is centrally located within just 2 hours of Toronto, ON, Detroit, Michigan and Buffalo, New York. London hosts local and international food and music festivals with a vibrant downtown core and plenty of green space to enjoy the outdoors.
PSD is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this when you apply, and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.