We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
Canada Life’s Digital Hub is a team driven by customer needs. We provide expertise and strategic thought leadership that’s fueling Canada Life’s customer experiences.
Our team of experts in design, technology, product and agile work collaboratively with our business partners, creating digital tools that improve our customers’ lives. Come join an organization committed to delivering innovative, digital experiences.
We are looking for an Editor, Digital Services
This is a temporary position of 1 year
We’re looking for someone who has a track record and passion for creating and editing content that supports an ideal end-to-end customer experience. You’ll help champion and craft plain language content to support our digital channels, including websites and apps.
You’re the ideal candidate because you not only excel at developing strategic and effective UX and marketing content, you’re great at partnering and influencing key stakeholders and decision-makers on the right content approach. You seek to understand the various and sometimes contrasting needs of different stakeholders (customers, advisors, business teams, legal, compliance, marketing, etc.). Ensuring that content is accessible is an organic part of your work. And you understand the need for, and thrive on, working iteratively and collaboratively with subject matter experts and decision-makers to find the right balance between technically correct and user-friendly.
You also know what it takes to support multiple remote and co-located delivery teams with crisp, consistent and user-friendly copy.
What you will do:
- Adapt, build on and execute end-to-end content strategy for multiple digital platforms channels
- Create and edit copy based on a project’s goals, maintaining consistency of style and voice
- Work alongside key partners to understand business, regulatory and corporate requirements, and balance those with user needs
- Adhere to AODA and other accessibility standards
- Recommend and influence copy usage within a UX and design-thinking context
- Help distill complex financial/technical content and jargon into user-friendly content with a plain language approach
- Participate in customer research and apply insights to design copy that serves and delights diverse audiences
- Work with various internal teams to establish priorities and secure approvals
- Collaborate with UX architects, designers, animators, strategists and researchers
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of governance guidelines for digital copy
- Educate cross-functional partners on the role of plain language writing and content strategy throughout the product development process
- Must be willing to travel between our London, Ont. and Toronto offices (roughly two days per month but possibly more frequently in the early days) and occasional travel to Winnipeg and Montreal
What you will bring:
- 3 years of experience in marketing or technical/UX writing, design content, or related field in digital
- Excellent writing skills with an emphasis on digital writing
- Strong facilitation and negotiation skills
- Ability to interpret various stakeholder and user needs and translate them into compelling online copy
- Strong understanding of accessibility standards
- A strong listener and influencer
- Curiosity and commitment to testing new ideas and innovating to drive business results
- Self-motivated, organized and able to multitask and prioritize jobs to meet deadlines
- Experience navigating compliance and market conduct concerns
- Experience working with content management systems (especially Adobe Experience Manager), including analytics tools an asset
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today
We are one of Canada's top 100 employers!
Canada Life serves?the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.?
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee?has the opportunity to?reach their potential.?
Canada Life?would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted?
Apply for this job online
Refer this job to a friend