LBMX is growing again . . .
We are seeking a Financial Controller!
LBMX is a dynamic and growing software solutions company with an international perspective, located in London, Ontario. LBMX is the leading business marketplace provider for Buying Groups and Purchasing Co-operatives. With a flourishing customer base throughout North America, the United Kingdom and as far away as New Zealand and Australia, we are sure to offer a breadth of experience that provides the successful candidate with endless opportunities to expand their abilities.
As we continue our growth trajectory, we are seeking a dynamic, passionate, and driven individual to join our team as Financial Controller.
If you’re an experienced candidate looking for an exciting future and you’re someone who is passionate about life, takes ownership of their role, isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and thrives being part of a team then we invite you to apply.
Come and help us make LBMX a better company and an even better place to work!
Reporting to the President & CEO your overall role will be to run the day-to-day finance & accounting operations, to identify areas of opportunity & to implement processes that strengthen the business’ overall financial framework.
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing all accounting duties related to accounts payable and receivable, invoicing, financial reporting and analysis, monthly reconciliations and other duties related to the finance functions.
The successful candidate will also have a superior knowledge of finance & accounting, an acute attention to detail, resourcefulness, a professional demeanor and will understand the importance of time management.
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial statements, cash-flows etc. for the senior leadership team
- Work directly with the bank, auditors and tax professionals to ensure compliance with all requirements of the business
- Identify & implement business processes that strengthen the overall financial framework of the business
- Provide oversight and control over the payroll function
- Calculate, prepare and issue documents related to accounts such invoices, bills, account statements and other financial statements
- Respond to customer account inquiries, maintain good customer relations and solve problems
- Monitor AR balances and conduct collections procedures as appropriate
- Post journal entries and reconcile accounts including inter-company accounts
- Calculate pre-billed revenue to ensure revenue is matched to the period earned
- Prepare, verify and process all employee payroll related payments, including regular pay, benefit payments, and special payments such as bonuses and vacation pay
- Prepare monthly government filings (EHT, Payroll Remit, GST) and supporting documentation
- Receive all customer payments, process credit card payments and prepare daily bank deposits
- Work with multi company accounts reflecting LBMX Companies in other geographies
- Accounting related degree or diploma
- CPA Designation (Preferred) or 5+ years experience in a progressive accounting role
- Knowledge of Quick Books Desktop
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (particularly Excel)
The Perks of Working with us!
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Birthday’s celebrated every month with catered meals
- Monthly lunch and learns
- Quarterly company wide social outings
- Easily accessible office located in downtown London, Ontario
- Flexible work options
- Education subsidies for job-related courses
How to Apply:
E-mail a resume and cover letter to: careers@LBMX.com
The subject line of your e-mail must read “Financial Controller”
About LBMX Inc.
At LBMX, we care about shared prosperity and believe in the power of independent businesses and their buying groups to create sustained economic growth. This belief comes from two decades of providing the world’s only group focused technology and advisory services to help buying groups, purchasing cooperatives and their independent businesses flourish.
We are a leading business marketplace experience provider that helps independent businesses, their buying groups and suppliers buy better and sell more. Our premier solution has transformed billing and ordering, rebate programs management, real-time analytics, e-commerce and product information management across building materials, sporting goods, industrial manufacturing, food equipment, grocery and agricultural industries. LBMX is a global company with headquarters in London, Ontario and presence across Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand.
LBMX is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. LBMX is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require any accommodations, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.