Software Development Supervisor
IoT (Internet of Things) is connecting the world and ZTR is leading the way in the industrial space by providing end-to-end IoT solutions (hardware and software) using cutting edge technologies.
By joining our team, you will be contributing to the expansion and innovation of our Telematics Network by collaborating with our customers worldwide to solve complex challenges in the construction and railway space.
We are looking for a hands-on Software Development Supervisor to lead, coach and grow our Web and Mobile application development teams that build and maintain key end user applications. Your role is to organize and inspire the team to effectively deliver high quality solutions while creating a positive and collaborative environment.
- Challenge and grow your team, through hiring, mentoring, peer reviews, training, and performance evaluations.
- Balance organizational priorities and act as an escalation point for development issues.
- Improve development practices and ensure development is according to team standards (design, code, documentation, quality) and processes (planning, estimating, tracking, delivery).
- Motivate and inspire the team to work as a cohesive, collaborative unit and to strive for excellence.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to ensure successful delivery including making resourcing decisions, assigning work, testing, deployment and sales support, as needed.
What you’ll bring:
- 8+ years experience as a developer on web and mobile applications
- 3+ years in a technical leadership role with direct reports for some of that time
- RESTful APIs for proprietary and industry standard protocols
- Ability to follow design patterns and adhere to development standards
- Can provide coaching, mentoring and cross-training to other developers
- Ability to work in a team environment, coordinating efforts towards a common goal
ZTR promotes a healthy balance between work, play and family. ZTR’s Social & Community Giving Committees provide employees with opportunities to participate in summer BBQs, company family picnic, and various social events for employees and family members as well as paid time off to volunteer at local charities! Become a member of the ZTR family!
ZTR has been honoured with a Canada's Best Managed designation for four consecutive years! The program recognizes companies in Canada with revenues over $10 million, demonstrating strategy, capability and commitment to achieve sustainable growth.
ZTR Control Systems provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Candidates requiring accommodations during the recruitment process are asked to contact Human Resources. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.