Senior Digital Artist
The Senior Digital Artist will create unique, high-end, high-impact art. This Individual prides themselves on thinking creatively, having a keen attention to detail and knowledge of 3D rendering, character posing, lighting and color theory. They are also passionate about organization and delegation to help the team run smoothly.
- Create compelling marketing artwork with exceptional design and layout
- Review Digital Art tasks and delegate projects to the team
- Translate creative briefs from the marketing team into effective promotional artworks
- Create rough concepts, mood boards, and gather reference material to gain alignment on artwork from all stakeholders before beginning full production
- Use Warframe’s Captura system, the Evolution Engine and Maya to create digital art
- Compose, retouch and add Post-FX using digital art software
- Come up with creative solutions to achieve the objectives of promotional artwork using limited resources and sometimes unfinished in-game assets
- Actively participate in the feedback loop, accepting feedback from, and providing feedback within the marketing team
- Multitask effectively, prioritize competing demands, and following through on details
- Support and mentor other artists who are less experienced and require more direction
- 5+ Years of relevant experience
- Experience achieving strategic objectives/creative strategy within digital assets
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- Willingness and aptitude to learn new techniques and best practices
- Mastery with fundamentals of design and color theory, camera angles, lighting, and composition
- Proficient in 3D rendering software and techniques (Ex. Key Shot, Maya) and 2D digital software (Ex. Adobe Photoshop)
- Familiarity with game engines (like Unreal or Unity)
- Can work fast with tight deadlines with quality end results
- Have a genuine enthusiasm and interest in video games
- Experience with digital painting is a plus
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II. The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™. Newer projects include the recently launched cross-platform MMORPG Wayfinder® (developed by Airship Syndicate & published by Digital Extremes), as well as the highly anticipated Soulframe®, an in-development open-world action-fantasy title.
Digital Extremes is headquartered in London, Ontario, Canada, and is proud to be selected as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers, achieving this recognition for the last nine years in a row.
For more information and exciting news related to Digital Extremes, please visit www.digitalextremes.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Virtual access to Dialogue, our mental wellness and healthcare services app
- Professional development and career support
- Work-life balance fitness subsidies
- Be part of “Giving Back” through a multitude of fundraising venues at DE
- Virtual events such as team building exercises, Games night, Live band performances, Adult and separate children’s holiday and summer parties for global teams!
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.