Senior Digital Artist
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The Senior Digital Artist (NOC 5241; TEER 52120) will be responsible for creating unique, high-end and high-impact arts for publications. This position will be responsible for creating concepts in a broad range of styles in accordance with the requirements of each project. The position involves creating artwork and design at all stages of the development cycle. This incumbent will possess exceptional communication skills in written, visual and verbal forms, and excellent knowledge of the video game industry. Strong ability to take constructive criticism while selling your ideas is critical. Giving direction will be as important as taking it and you must be able to drive implementation of your ideas. We need a team player who values the best ideas regardless of where they come from to create a clear picture of how they fit in the larger vision of the game. An ideal candidate will also be able to provide examples of your design worker and communication skills.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT
Permanent and full time (40 hours per week).
LANGUAGE OF WORK
Digital Extremes Ltd. (250 York St., Suite 100, London, ON N6A 6K2) seeks Senior Digital Artist (NOC 5241; TEER 52120) to perform the following duties:
- Create compelling marketing artwork with exceptional design and layout.
- Translate creative briefs from the marketing team into effective promotional artwork.
- Create rough concepts, mood boards, and gather reference materials to gain alignment on artwork from all stakeholders before beginning full production.
- Use Warframe’s Captura system, the Evolution Engine and Maya to create digital art.
- Compose, retouch and add Post-FX using digital art software.
- Develop creative solutions to achieve the objectives of promotional artwork using limited resources and sometimes unfinished in-game assets.
- Actively participate in the feedback loop, accepting feedback from, and providing feedback within the marketing team.
- Multitask effectively, prioritize competing demands, and following through on details.
- Support and mentor junior digital artists.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience as a digital artist or similar role in the game industry.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully achieving strategic objectives and creative strategy within digital assets and knowledge of principles of design and colour theory, camera angles, lighting and composition.
- Experience with digital painting is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent team work skills.
- Proven ability to document and communicate design ideas.
- Excellent knowledge of the video game industry.
- Be a driven individual who has a proven track record of delivering projects on time.
- Minimum college diploma in graphic arts, visual arts or a related discipline.
- Experience in working with 3D rendering software and techniques, such as Key Shot, Maya; and 2D digital software, such as Adobe photoshop.
- Familiarity with game engines, such as Unreal and/or Unity.
The wage range for the Game Designer (NOC 5241) position is between CAD $70,000 and CAD $80,000 per year, based on work experience and qualifications.
Digital Extremes provides a competitive benefits package, including the following:
- Extended healthcare
- 2 weeks of paid vacation per year
- Discretionary profit sharing bonus, based on meeting the company’s financial targets
- RRSP matching plan
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes Ltd. ranks as one of the world’s top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creative of Epic Games’ multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Section®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II.
The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.
For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing clients is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Virtual access to Dialogue, our mental wellness and healthcare services app
- Professional development and career support
- Work-life balance fitness subsidies
- Be part of “Giving Back” through a multitude of fundraising venues at Digital Extremes
- Virtual events such as team building exercises, Game night, Live band performances, Adult and separate children’s holiday and summer parties for global teams!
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people disabilities. Accommodation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.
HOW TO APPLY
Please click “Apply Now” below to begin the application process. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
LOCATION OF WORK AND CONTACT INFORMATION
Digital Extremes Ltd.
250 York Street, Suite 100
London, Ontario N6A 6K2 Canada