Intermediate SW Engineer
Expect more. Connect more. Be more at Diebold Nixdorf. Our teams automate, digitize, and transform the way more than 75 million people around the globe bank and shop in this hyper-connected, consumer-centric world. Join us in connecting people to commerce in this vital, rewarding role.
The Software Engineer (SE2) is responsible for programming as well as building knowledge of our business and expertise with the entire software development lifecycle. We use Agile methodology – SCRUM – with short release cycles and very close user involvement to continuously improve our software. Our culture encourages not only knowledge building and best practice sharing, but also gives the opportunity to provide feedback for continuous improvement.
The Software Engineer (SE2) will participate in reviewing existing solutions and providing recommendations for extensions, customizations and new solutions for our product suite and estimates for our product and client solutions.
You are responsible for
- Work closely with other team members to understand product requirements and translate them into software solutions
- Work within set deadlines and deliver high quality, well unit tested code using prescribed specifications
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies existing systems including encoding, testing, debugging and installing
- Investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions
- Analyzes performance of programs and takes action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with project technical lead and project managers
- Implement and troubleshoot programming changes and modifications
- Maintains and modifies routine programs; makes approved changes by amending flow charts, developing detailed programming logic, and coding changes
- Required to unit test own code, providing low/minimal error rate
- Maintains a broad knowledge of state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems
- Work in an Agile software development environment, including emergent architecture, changing requirements, and changing priorities (SCRUM, Agile, etc.)
- Participate in team discussions and develop solutions using best practices in code review atmosphere
- Provides timely technical status reporting to project technical leads
- Expected to prepare system documentation, test plans and deployment plans, where/when applicable
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, or equivalent post-secondary education
- 4-7 years of internal and/or related development experience
- Strong understanding of coding languages and tools including but not limited to
- Solid software engineering foundation with deep skills in Object Oriented Development
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for detail and developing quality software
- Hardworking, self-motivated, and passionate about learning and working with the latest technologies
- Inspired by having to think outside the box and work with your fellow team members to find solutions to problems
- A team player who adapts quickly to ever-changing environments
Why should you join Diebold Nixdorf?
Brightest minds + technology and innovation + business transformation The people of Diebold Nixdorf are 23,000+ teammates of diverse talents and expertise in more than 130 countries, harnessing future technologies to deliver personalized, secure consumer experiences that connect people to commerce. Our culture is fueled by our values of collaboration, decisiveness, urgency, willingness to change, and accountability.
–Diebold Nixdorf is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
** To all recruitment agencies: Diebold Nixdorf does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diebold Nixdorf employees or any other organization location. Diebold Nixdorf is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes**