Senior UX Designer
ABOUT CANADA LIFE’S DIGITAL HUB
Great-West Life, London Life, and Canada Life have come together as the new Canada Life. We’re embarking on a transformation that will change the way we work and how we help our customers. In our Digital Hub, we’re designing, coding and delivering new products for millions of Canadians. We’re changing the way a trusted institution operates by bringing human-centered design, agile and modern web development practices to life. When you join the Digital Hub, you join a diverse and talented team of creatives and technologists, all working together to improve the the financial, physical and mental well-being of Canadians.
Do you have a passion for creating compelling and meaningful digital experiences? Do you ALWAYS think about the customer first? Are you a creative problem-solver and communicator? Do you want to help lead the transformation of a company and an industry? If you answered a wholehearted yes to all these questions, we want to talk to you.
This one year contract position is an integral part of our mission to create a cohesive Canada Life experience. You’ll be working with our design system team, scaling our libraries as we continue to grow. As a UX Designer, you are an integral part of a team of passionate people who are transforming the design and product vision into seamless and engaging user experiences. You’ll be collaborating with product teams, developers, fellow designers, and other internal stakeholders to help review, design, refine, document and publish a wide range of design elements that power our engaging digital experiences.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You can expect to spend part of you days:
- Creating and effectively presenting UX deliverables low-fi sketches, UX artifacts, or flows when they will help us arrive at an effective solution – you have a talent for making even the most complex concepts seem simple
- Assessing inputs from multiple sources (UX research, existing digital experiences, product requirements, tech constraints, analytics) and synthesizing it to develop effective design recommendations, taking into account our need for consistency, clear navigation systems, highly usable interections, consistent design patterns, etc.
- Executing pixel-perfect designs in the form of high-fi mockups and shared libraries
- Creating, reviewing and refining documentation – your work will help everyone understand how and where they can effectively use design system elements, including interactive samples, and easy-to-follow “do” and “don’t” examples of use
- Collaborating directly with developers and stakeholders throughout your work, to ensure we’re balancing design, technology, and business needs at all times
- Empathizing with our users, and become aware of their thoughts, needs, and behaviours to make recommendations that are optimized for them
- Staying current on emerging trends in user-centered methodologies, accessibility, UI design patterns, usability principles and web technologies
WHO YOU ARE
- A few years of professional experience in a UX or Interaction Design role
- A system thinker who has an eagle eye for consistency and high-quality design, combined with a creative and innovative mindset
- A demonstrable portfolio of work that exhibits your process for solving design problems
- Clear ability to simplify complex concepts and requirements
- Experience with industry tools such as Sketch, InVision, Axure, Adobe CC
- Excellent communicator with the ability to effectively convey design processes, ideas, and solutions
- Comfortable with facilitation of group conversations and problem-solving sessions with a wide range of experts
- Passionate about user experience and all things digital
- Previous experience in agile envrionments and with AODA/WCAG accessibility are considered an asset