Data Services Product Manager
ZTR Control Systems currently has an opening for a ONE i3 Data Services Product Manager within the Industrial IoT (Internet of Things) Division. ZTR is the recognized leader in industrial telematics and remote equipment monitoring with 20 years of experience and hundreds of thousands of assets monitored worldwide. ZTR’s unique solutions integrate telematics monitoring hardware, software, remote communications, and services. You will serve the industrial world’s most demanding customers, launch a stream of market defining software, hardware and data driven business products and services, and set the standard for ZTR’s digital solutions.
ZTR has been honoured with a Canada's Best Managed designation for three consecutive years! The program recognizes companies in Canada with revenues over $10 million, demonstrating strategy, capability and commitment to achieve sustainable growth.
This key position encompasses responsibilities of developing and executing a digital product & services strategy by leveraging the Industrial Internet of Things to deliver powerful solutions over secured connections to enhance customer asset productivity. Successful candidate will be leading organization by defining product vision through strategic roadmaps with a key focus on business insights, data analytics and data driven value within our SaaS platform.
If you have a proven track record in Product Management or related roles, have a passion for technology and innovation with experience working in the Information Technology/ Software as a Service (SaaS) field, you may be the one to help ZTR continue our exponential growth!
- Accountable for on-going development, product vision and strategy for assigned product/ service line(s) in order to ensure that the products delivered to the market continue to bring value to our customers and growth for ZTR.
- Act as product evangelist both internally and externally, sharing knowledge and vision regularly, promoting required learning, culture and organizational development to support the vision.
- Work with ZTR's Commercial and Marketing teams to understand ZTR's markets and customer business models and how the product line can bring value to customers. Occasionally travel with the commercial team to support current and prospective customers.
- Effectively collaborate and promote cross-collaboration with Product Managers, Product Engineering and Application Engineering, Software Development, Commercial, Solutions Management, Project Management and other corporate level teams to drive business results within the Industrial IoT Division.
- In collaboration with Business Analysts, transform business requirements into functional requirements (requirements documents, use cases, mock-ups, etc.) that allow developers to be able to scope, plan and implement features effectively.
- Responsible for assessing the operational impact of features (management costs, technology costs, etc.) in order to make recommendations on solution feasibility and ROI.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years working in a role focused on overseeing and/or delivering software and hardware products and services (Product Management capacity)
- Minimum 2 years working in a non-technical capacity, such as project manager, business analyst or driving an agile team
- Experience in data solutions or data analysis strongly preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to build and manage strong team dynamics and work with complex cross-functional teams
- Organized with great time management and strong customer management skills.
- Experience in project management is an asset
If you are highly motivated, customer focused, passionate about technology and seek a stimulating environment in which to put your talents to the test, ZTR is the place for you. This is a workplace where ideas and innovation are welcomed. We provide a dynamic, professional atmosphere where employees can truly excel.
ZTR also promotes a healthy balance between work, play and family. Join the ZTR Social or Community Giving Committees, participate in our monthly summer BBQs, picnic, various fun lunch time activities and become part of the ZTR family.
ZTR Control Systems provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Candidates requiring accommodations during the recruitment process are asked to contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.