At CARFAX Canada, we’re more than just obsessed with cars. We’re obsessed with data and using it to help millions of Canadians buy, sell and maintain cars - but you can learn that on our website. Let’s talk about the sweet perks you’ll get when working here (i.e. what you actually want to know): Some days you’ll be taking in-house leadership training courses, other days you’ll be eating a catered lunch with your team mates. Grab a seat in the state-of-the-art office in 100 Kellogg Lane and collaborate the day away? What’s that, it’s the summer? Well, the 4-day work weeks have kicked in; enjoy those extra paid days off! Why not use one of your paid volunteer days to give back to your community? What else can we list? Competitive wages, amazing benefits, yearly performance-based bonuses, health and wellness programs, a literal award-winning culture, parental leave top-ups and all kinds of social events. To top all of this off, every day you get to choose how you get to do meaningful work with incredible people. So, looks like we’re obsessed with a few things here – data and our people!
The Project Manager leads a project team, or multiple project teams simultaneously, focusing on large or complex projects. They are responsible for leading teams to deliver project(s) that span across one or more business units, manage resources, schedules and financials and adhere to stage gate quality and SDLC control guidelines throughout the full business and systems development lifecycle. They manage project risks, issues and change requests to ensure successful and on-time delivery.
- Develop and maintain an end-to-end project plan and associated project documentation (e.g. Project Charter, Gating documents)
- Estimate and procure resources to achieve project goals within the planned timeframe
- Ensure the overall project is aligned to, and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives
- Participate in establishing Project Management best practices, templates, policies and tools and help mature these capabilities for CARFAX Canada. Continue professional development to keep abreast of emerging technologies, methods and best practices.
- Coach and guide the scrum master when available and act as the scrum master for development when necessary.
- Ensure smooth interaction between agile and waterfall processes.
- Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources.
- Chair the project team meetings
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks and issues
- Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables to mitigate impact to baseline.
- Develop trusted adviser relationship with project stakeholders
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team
- Deliver appropriate and effective executive level communication
- Ensure that projects are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget and quality standards. Manage scope changes when required
- Provide input to the Performance Reviews for key project members
Education and Experience Required:
- Certification or applicable Scrum experience considered an asset
- PMP certification or working towards is considered an asset
- University degree in Information Technology or a related field
- Knowledge of SDLC Methodologies: Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall
- 3+ years of experience in successfully leading projects to on-time, on-schedule and within budget
- 3+ years of experience working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional matrix environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work with diverse personality types
- Excellent estimating and forecasting skills
- Firm knowledge of tools: MS Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint; Confluence, JIRA, Slack
- Must be able to learn, understand and apply new technologies
- Strong leadership, collaboration and motivational skills, including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business and technology functions
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands
- Demonstrate decisiveness in analyzing business problems, making decisions and identifying solutions
- Experience coaching and team building
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit our website. https://www.carfax.ca/about-carfax/work-at-carfax. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is hired.
We’re committed to providing accommodations by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. For a confidential inquiry or to request an accommodation, please contact your recruiter or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CARFAX’s mission is to help millions of people shop, buy, service and sell used cars with more confidence. As a leader in vehicle history and valuation, CARFAX provides impartial and comprehensive information for consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX‘s Canadian headquarters in London, Ontario supports Canadian and U.S. markets, drawing on billions of data records from thousands of sources, enabling used vehicle buyers and sellers to make informed decisions. CARFAX is consistently recognized as a top employer and business. CARFAX is a part of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). Find out more at www.carfax.ca and connect with CARFAX on Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.