Product Verification Specialist
StarTech.com is currently looking to add a Product Verification Specialist to our Product Development team at our Head Office in London, Ontario.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Product Verification, the Product Verification Specialist develops and executes the product verification strategy, co-develops product quality criteria, researches best practices, test instrumentation, and technology standards to enhance customer experience through product quality. Product Verification is the gate keeper between product design and manufacturing and has a direct impact on quality over the lifespan of a product.
The Product Verification Specialist makes an impact by working closely with the Product Development team to ensure that new product samples perform as expected, are compliant, and are designed/manufactured to technical specifications (i.e: USB, PCIe, HDMI, DP, etc.)
This position offers a competitive salary, bonus potential, and benefit package.
In this role you will:
- Perform testing for various product lines including Cables, Audio-Video, Networking, I/O Cards, Data Storage, Server Management, and various Computer Parts, and includes verification of hardware, embedded firmware/drivers, application software, and system level testing
- Interpret test results and recommend improvements to the products to improve overall quality, user experience, durability, reliability, performance, compatibility, packaging, and in-box accessories
- Research specifications and testing methodologies for leading edge technologies, and work closely with Product Development and Technical Support teams to identify, implement and evolve best practices in design verification in support of the StarTech.com Product Launch Process
- Ensure consistency in test design strategies, methodologies and best practices, as well as promote the reuse of already existing concepts, solutions and tools
- Become a subject matter expert on key technologies as well as enjoy access to the StarTech.com Innovation Lab advanced test equipment (protocol analyzer, oscilloscope, vector network analyzer, etc.)
What You Can Show Us
- University Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering is strongly preferred
- 2-5 years of hands on product testing experience at the system level and sub-assembly level
- Proficient with high speed test equipment such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, temperature chambers, vector network analyzers and protocol analyzers for testing USB, HDMI and DisplayPort
- Robust understanding of electrical circuits and how to identify a good high-speed design via applicable measurement techniques
- Demonstrated ability to write scripts for automating testing procedures (Python, PowerShell, VBScript, bash)
- Advanced technical abilities and a genuine curiosity for technology, hardware, software and product quality
- In-depth understanding of various operating systems (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and a solid understanding of computer architectures and how they integrate with peripheral devices
What we Offer:
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan and RRSP Matching
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Training and Development Program
- Paid Charity Day and Regular Company Fun Events
- Casual Dress Code – Jeans are allowed!
- Free Parking and Subsidized Employee Café
- StarTech.com Product Discount
- Bonus Plan
How to Apply
Please select the one that works best for you!
- Submit your resume in confidence by applying on-line directly to startech.com/careers
- Apply via our LinkedIn posting on our LinkedIn Careers page com Careers
StarTech.com is able to provide accommodation to job applicants throughout the hiring process. If you require an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, please advise in your cover letter.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit
Each day, Startech.com team members from around the world unite on our global promise, we call it "hard to find, made easy". We empower millions of technology professionals to do more, more easily with leading connectivity solutions.
Born and raised in London, Ontario, Canada and now taking on the world, StarTech.com is a vibrant, high-performing tech company with a proven track-record of double-digit year-over-year growth. Now operating in 23 countries globally, we are honoured to have received Canada’s Best Managed Companies Platinum Club designation for eight consecutive years and to have won various awards for our tremendous rapid growth.
We are customer obsessed and it stems from our love of people, connection, and curiosity. Not only does our commitment to the exceptional deepen relationships with our customers, it also ignites connection within our team.
Check out our LinkedIn page and become a follower so we can stay connected!