Office Administrator & Facilities Coordinator
Reporting to the Manager, Warehouse Operations & Corporate Facilities – Canada, the Office Administrator & Facilities Coordinator provides a wide range of administrative, communications and support services to the StarTech.com team. Sitting in the reception area of the StarTech.com London Ontario office, this role is an integral part of the success of the StarTech.com office, greeting and managing visitors and assisting with day-to-day tasks to keep the office running seamlessly and to help ensure employees are well supported and have the tools and resources required to be successful.
What you will be responsible for:
Office Administration Duties:
- Greet and direct office visitors at our London, Ontario office location (Monday-Friday 8:30am to 5pm)
- Manage mail sorting & distribution to employees
- Maintain sufficient levels of office supplies around the office and restock when needed
- Order supplies and maintain coffee stations throughout the building
- Provide support to teams with catering orders when necessary
- Facilitate donation and sponsorship requests and fulfilling requests when approved by the Philanthropy committee and Executive Leadership team.
- Assist with company event preparation in partnership with Manager, Warehouse Operations & Corporate Facilities
- Assist with office desk moves and maintain current floor plan of the building
- Assist with boardroom set up including AV, materials and supplies and boardroom take down when required
- Assist with vendors visiting the office and coordination of any related invoices
- Assist with employee/corporate events alongside the Facilities and People & Culture Teams
- Assist with philanthropic campaigns that occur annually
- Coordinate event ticket management for employees
- University Degree or College Diploma in Business Administration, Executive Administration, or related field
- 2 years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant
- Full comprehension of office management systems and procedures
- Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Office, and other key applications
- Exemplary planning and time management skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Ability to be flexible to business needs and shifts in priorities
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Superior problem-solving skills and resourcefulness
- Ability to act with discretion and confidentiality
- Friendly, co-operative, helpful and diplomatic.
Benefits & Perks:
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan and RRSP Matching
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Training and Development Program
- Paid Charity Day and Regular Company Fun Events
- StarTech.com Product Discount
- Bonus Plan
We are in the business of human-centered experiences starting with yours. We believe delivering on our promise of "hard-to-find, made easy" begins with an employee experience founded in opportunity, teamwork, empowerment, and curious minds always asking what if. Not only does our commitment to the exceptional deepen relationships with our partners and customers, it also ignites connection within our team.
Born and raised in London, Ontario, Canada and now taking on the world, we are a vibrant and growing tech company with a proven track-record of success. StarTech.com makes it easy for IT professionals around the globe to identify, find, get and use the hard-to-find connectivity parts they need to enable and enhance their technology solutions.
Operating in 26 countries globally, we are proud to be included as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies for 2023 and for the 13th consecutive year. In 2022, StarTech.com was proud to be included in Financial Post's FP500, a ranking of Canada's largest corporations based on revenue. We are honoured to be named by Kincentric in 2019 as one of Canada’s “Best Employers” as well as “one of Canada’s fastest growing companies” for a ninth year in a row by “Profit 500”.
StarTech.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, StarTech.com will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.