Are you a strong independent worker who loves to be a part of a team? Are you passionate about building flawless products? Do you enjoy working in an experimental and collaborative environment? If yes, then you could be our new QA Coordinator!
Every day, Canadians rely on our insights to make one of the biggest decisions of their lives. As the country’s #1 provider of automotive history and valuation insights, we’re always innovating to make buying and selling used vehicles easier for all Canadians.
At CARFAX Canada, you’re not just another employee. You’re a critical contributor to the big picture and rely on data when making important decisions. You have a future mindset and are motivated to grow with us. You have a thirst for learning new things and building your skillset. You dream big and chart your own career path. You don’t settle for what’s quick and easy because you value quality. You know that the best teams are built on trust, so you use your voice to collaborate and create real change. You believe in taking the time to celebrate wins and have fun. You know leading a balanced lifestyle in a supportive work environment is important. You’re not just another employee. You are a CARFAX Canadian!
Reporting to the Development Manager, this position is located in London, ON at CARFAX Canada’s head office.
The successful candidate will provide an impartial review of technical project deliverables, Test Strategies, Test Plans, in order to ensure the highest of quality in our products. This person will be demonstrating QA best practices as well as providing mentoring to their development team. Our products are developed in an agile methodology, so this person will be actively participating in requirement documenting, planning, testing and demo as well as provide expert advice in cross-departmental meetings. You will be a key player in automated testing, planning and implementation.
You are a computer science specialist, who has 3 - 5 years of software testing/quality assurance experience under your belt, with exceptional communication skills. Exposure and experience in automated testing would be considered a huge asset. You are the type of person who is extremely detail oriented, organized, super friendly and easy to talk to. You can easily identify when you need to ask for help and share concerns with the team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has QA testing experience, to excel in and grow your career in an agile environment.
- Working closely with an Agile team, to create Test Plan and Test Cases and automation test strategy based on requirements, design documents to ensure all product functionality, both functional and Non-functional requirements are met
- Identify technical test data requirements; configure and maintain test data to support testing
- Conduct manual testing; Log, track and resolve product defects with the Agile team;
- Collaborate with software/systems personnel in application testing, such as system, integration, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods
- Design and develop automated testing for functional, regression, load testing and performance tuning
- Develops and maintains the automation testing framework for functional and performance automated testing
- Use established QA processes and best practices, and continually improve upon them
- Make recommendations for improvement of applications to software developers
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to team, project stakeholders and management
- Assist in the development of change control processes, practices, and guidelines for new and existing technologies
Education and Experience Required:
- 3 – 5 years of quality assurance experience in an IT capacity
- Post-secondary education preferred
- Very adept at problem analysis and providing problem solving solutions
- Experience in software development/ automated testing, ideally with C#, JUnit, and SQL
- Experience with test automation tools (e.g. Microsoft Test Manager, Selenium) and automated regression testing is a strong asset
- Experience with QA in the context of Agile software development is a strong asset
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior organizational and planning skills
- Great team player as well as being able to work alone with no need for micro-management
CARFAX Canada is headquartered in London, Ontario. We’re proud to offer competitive pay, benefits and bonuses, RRSP matching, maternity leave top-up, health and wellness initiatives and social events. We’re committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the application or selection processes, please advise in your cover letter.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit our website. https://www.carfax.ca/about-carfax/work-at-carfax. Applications will be accepted until July 31, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.