Are you a numbers guru with a passion for safeguarding the digital realm? Look no further! Digital Boundary Group, the forefront defender of cyber landscapes, is seeking an Intermediate Accountant to join our financial fortress. You’ll wield spreadsheets like a shield and wield calculators like a cryptographic key. Your meticulous eye for detail will rival that of a malware scanner, ensuring our reports and statements remain of high quality. Join us at Digital Boundary Group and fortify the lines where finance and cyber security converge!
Join our growing team as an Intermediate Accountant!
As a key member of our Finance team, you will get to:
- Use your superior attention to detail skills and financial knowledge to review all transactional accounting, including payables, receivables, and expense management to ensure accuracy.
- Review semi-monthly payroll, benefits, retirement, and bonus remittances.
- Lean on your exceptional time management skills to assist with month end close and gather data to assist with monthly financial statement reporting and modelling within the expected timelines.
- Assist with monthly HST, WSIB, payroll filings, general ledger maintenance, bank reconciliations, intercompany reconciliations, year end financial documents, and processing annual W2’s and T4’s.
- Use your years of accounting experience to automate and find efficiencies within our financial systems wherever possible.
- Apply your extraordinary communication skills to interact with employees and stakeholders as required.
- Collaborate closely with the Payroll and Accounting Associate.
- Take on team or system improvement projects as needed.
- Other duties as required.
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible hybrid working arrangement
- We pay for certifications to help push your career forward!
- 3 weeks starting vacation time
- 11 paid holidays and a paid closure between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Healthcare Benefit Plans that offer flexibility for your needs with our $1000/year healthcare spending account
- Retirement Savings Plans matching up to 3.5%
- $500/year home internet reimbursement
What kind of experience should you have?
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma with focus on Accounting, Finance, Payroll or equivalent training and commensurate work experience
- 3+ years of accounting, finance, or bookkeeping experience
- Proficiency with QuickBooks Online, Payroll systems, and Microsoft Office suite (Excel)
- Familiarity with CRM and Project Management systems
- CPA designation, or a CPA in progress, is considered an asset
- Payroll experience is an asset
Include a resume and cover letter telling us why you are the accountant we’re looking for!
Please be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us.
Note: due to the nature of our business, satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks is required.
Digital Boundary Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Please let Human Resources know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.