Research Specialist - Security, Privacy, Risk, and Compliance
Info-Tech Research Group is the world’s fastest growing information technology and HR research and advisory company, proudly serving over 34,000 IT and HR professionals worldwide. We produce unbiased and highly relevant IT and HR research to help CIOs and CHROs make strategic, timely and well-informed decisions. We partner closely with IT and HR teams to provide everything they need, from actionable tools to analyst guidance, ensuring they deliver measurable results for their organizations.
We are known for our innovative culture and have been named five times as one of the 50 Best Workplaces in Canada by Canadian Business Magazine. We offer an engaging work environment where you can have a voice and make a difference. We care about our community and sponsor several national and local charities.
We are in a period of growth within our Research department and are looking for a Research Specialist within the Security, Privacy, Risk, and Compliance practice at Info-Tech Research Group. As a Research Specialist you will be responsible for delivering measurable value to our members by working with them on-site and remotely to help improve their strategy, technology, processes, and people. Additionally, the Research Specialist is responsible for generating insight and providing expertise during the development of our research content.
Willingness and ability to travel up to (50%) to deliver workshops and consulting engagements on-site at client locations (once it is safe to do so).
- Utilize our research Blueprints to assist members through the process of executing projects or process improvements either remotely or on-site.
- Identify opportunities to provide value to clients through Advisory services and workshops, and work with our commercial teams to define the scope and project outcomes.
- Identify further areas of assistance required for clients after initial Experience calls and book appropriate subsequent experiences.
- Contribute to our research agenda and develop research blueprints through 3-month research cycles.
- Monitor ongoing developments in various core security technology areas via research and vendor briefings and advise our members on trends and industry directions.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum undergraduate degree in computer science, information technology or related programs.
- Degree in computer security, IT security, cybersecurity, or information security preferred.
- Previous experience gathering requirements, analyzing needs, and providing technical solutions to meet client needs an asset.
- Security industry certifications, such as GSEC or Security+ an asset.
- InfoSec and Cybersecurity Knowledge; demonstrated understanding of security operations principles and processes, security architecture, and core information security knowledge.
- Understanding of new technologies and demand in the industry.
- Critical Thinking/Research/Analysis: Able to review a large amount of information and pull out and synthesize key information, trends, and insights, determining relevance and accuracy. Consolidating multiple points of view & making decisions on what content to include. Recognizing what is best practice and what is not.
- Structured Thinking: Assessed through case study. Able to break down large topics/projects into manageable, logical steps and outputs. Using research and analysis to structure a research paper and create deliverables.
- Writing: Able to write from a business perspective, with skill in spelling and grammar. Clear, concise, client focused written communication. Develop written research content.
- Client Facing/Facilitation: Particularly important during advisory calls and primary research interviews. Able to build rapport and speak confidently with clients/interviewees. Active listening skills. Participating in and leading client calls and workshop exercises. Articulates well.
- Excellent time management, program management and organization skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills. Writing skills are of paramount importance in the creation of Research and communications with clients.
Info-Tech Research Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic including Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran and are pleased to consider all qualified applicants. To that end, upon request, ITRG will ensure, to the extent possible, that accommodation be made available to applicants throughout the recruitment and hiring process.