This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Sep 19, 2022
Location: Hybrid (Remote/Alymer Ontario)
What we are looking for.
We are on the hunt for an Art Director to round out a passionate and highly creative internal design team. This position calls for a highly collaborative leader with a creative spark and a keen understanding of marketing communications and brand building in the cannabis space. You must possess the ability to adapt for an industry in constant flux, have some sharp concept ideation abilities, strong communication skills, and the passion and self-motivation to be the best in the business. You love to create new processes, streamlining needs to get more done faster (and better). You thrive with innovative problem-solving, from concept development to production design, through to fast high-caliber executions. Your style is diverse and can span across communication touch points, from instore to online, digital and print. We need someone that knows the rules yet isn’t afraid of how to push them to their breaking point.
Why you’ll love this job.
The creative challenges are as diverse in medium, as they are in demographics, so there is never a dull moment. From the instore customer journey to digital online touch points (and everything in between), this is about as creative as you can get. If we can dream it up, we make it happen - our only limitation on what is possible is ourselves (and sometimes Health Canada). Motif offers the ideal environment for creative brains to thrive, as design and innovation are an integral part of the entire process.
Motif Labs, a licensed cannabis extraction facility in Aylmer On, is a rapidly growing company that is thriving in the Canadian cannabis space. With creativity, passion, and innovation at its core, our internal brands have developed into industry leaders. The best part, the momentum has only just begun as we continue to diversify our consumer-goods portfolio.
- Understanding of cannabis retail landscape in Canada, and knowledge of retail customer journeys
- Work with the Creative Director, designers, brand managers, and other team members to develop holistic ideas and design solutions, and tactical executions
- Expertise in the creation and execution of integrated marketing programs and campaigns, which may include retail, in-store, video content, storyboards, traditional media, ecommerce, websites/microsites, tradeshow, animation/motion graphics, social media.
- Experience and skill in video content (motion graphics, animation, live action) concepting, visualization and art direction.
- Understands and demonstrates the best ways to communicate in different mediums (print vs digital vs video, for example)
- Leads/oversees the development of presentation decks, deliverables and ensure timelines are met
- We value culture and teamwork over egos — must work well within a team
- Confidently conveys and presents ideas and concepts; both with internal teams, as well as with broader internal/external audiences
- Research and understand the Canadian cannabis retail landscape, seeking new opportunities to show case our brands
- Actively participates and engages in internal review meetings and brainstorming sessions
- Demonstrates a roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-it-done attitude
- Proactively seeks solutions to problems and challenges
- Helps create efficiencies and improve processes
- Lives and breathes marketing communications - gets excited to talk shop and always learn
- You get excited about trying something new and pushing of what’s possible
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design/Advertising & Marketing or related field
- 7+ years of experience in marketing communications/advertising – CPG and retail experience strongly encouraged.
- Keeps up with trends and seeks opportunities to grow and network outside of the office
- Well-rounded portfolio showcasing strong, innovative creative ideas, presentation skills and an excellent understanding of different communication spaces, mediums and approaches, as well as design, typography, photography and Illustration use. You demonstrate originality, perfect execution, and multidisciplinary thinking through your work
- Expert fluency in design software, especially Adobe Creative Cloud, Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign. You know how to design for web and print
- Detail-oriented: You work pixel-perfect, are highly detail-oriented, and have an excellent feel for typography.
- Brand guardian: You can act as brand police, while being flexible enough to allow the brand to evolve
- A strategic thinker that works well independently and as part of a core team.
- Strong aptitude in applying design thinking to advertising communications.
- Innovator: You don’t believe in the status quo, and you like to make things happen.
- Communicator. You can communicate well and get your ideas across. You have strong professional interpersonal communication skills, and email writing.
- Time management: You can manage your time, hit deadlines, and be on time for meetings, all while juggling multiple projects.
- Team management: You can lead and inspire junior designers on the team, while providing constructive feedback to meet the creative requirements
- Team player: You are positive, collaborative and a contagious spirit who works well with others.
- Ability to Learn and Share: You approach the work with an open mind to learn while sharing knowledge.
- Cultural player: You contribute to the culture of the company and take part in activities that foster the company spirit.
- Experience in cannabis, beverage, alcohol or relatable industries is an asset
Reports to Creative Director
NOTE: All candidates are required to pass a criminal background check and provide a copy for employment at Motif. We thank all interested candidates. Only those whom we have selected for an interview will be contacted.
HOW TO APPLY:
YOU MUST submit your resume and cover letter to Motif Labs careers page at: www.motiflabs.ca to be considered.