Media Strategist & Planner
Northern is North America’s leading digital solutions agency. We unite creativity, technology and performance marketing to create immersive digital experiences for leading brands in their pursuit of digital transformation. We have strategically assembled a group of innovators, who have a passion for technology, marketing, design and improving online experiences.
As a Google Premier Partner and Facebook Marketing Partner, Northern is positioned as a leader in the performance advertising industry. Our campaigns with leading brands in North America, have been recognized as best in class through the Google Premier Partner Awards, Search Engine Land Awards and the Canadian Search Awards.
Our employees are challenged to uphold the highest standards and together we strive to exceed all expectations. We are currently seeking a Media Strategist & Planner who will complement our passion for advertising, technology and performance-based results.
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for a Media Strategist & Planner who is passionate about building solutions and crafting holistic media plans to drive results for our clients. Our ideal candidate has 5+ years experience in paid media.
The Media Strategist & Planner is responsible for managing our media planning tactics through preparing and presenting media plans, proposals and analysis. This position works closely with the account management and paid media marketing teams to create and evaluate media strategies based on market strategy, client goals and experience, resulting in exceptional media executions.
Full time remote is available nationally (Canada only). For those close to our office in London, ON we have flexible office hours based on training and collaboration needs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Consult with clients at early stages of media planning to identify marketing campaign goals and translate them into media strategies and solutions
- Research, analyze data, and develop strategic recommendations of how to best allocate the advertising budget
- Prepare and present complex media plans to stakeholders of all levels with associated rationale, costs, and timelines
- Work with Paid Media Team to manage operational delivery including campaign onboarding, priority setting, coordination of deliverables, and long-term direction on projects
- Analyze data points to extract meaningful and actionable insights
- Support in the creation and presentation of post campaign reports
- Collaborate with marketing and accounts team to understand market strategy
- Identify target audiences and understand their behaviour, habits, and how they consume digital media
- Facilitate competitive analysis as required
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain awareness of industry developments and paid media trends
Knowledge, Education & Experience Required
- Minimum of five years’ experience in media planning or the media industry
- University or college diploma in marketing or a related field
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of media planning and purchasing
- Advanced knowledge and experience with major paid media platforms including but not limited to Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and Programmatic DSPs (GMP, TheTradeDesk, etc.)
- Proficient in estimating, negotiating, buying, and reporting on paid media initiatives
- Advanced presentation skills: participating in and leading client and media meetings
- Ability to create compelling presentations and documents communicating campaign plans, reports, post mortems, etc.
- Advanced ability to comprehend and communicate financial documentation and systems, including the ability to set and understand budgets and forecasts
- Precise attention to detail and use of best practices
- Ability to organize and present information
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Digitally savvy with a genuine interest in media and advertising
- Analytical skills and a familiarity with campaign measurement tools
At Northern we recognize that experience comes in many different forms. If your experience is similar to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. We know that the best problem-solving and creative thinkers are those with thought diversity; that’s why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team.
In exchange for your talent and expertise, Northern is committed to providing competitive compensation, health benefits, flexible work schedules, delicious meals, company retreats, opportunities for growth and professional development, and a fun, supportive environment that will allow you to be your best!
Equity and Diversity
Northern invites applications from all qualified individuals. Northern is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all individuals, including but not limited to members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations please let us know when you apply.
Apply To Position