Junior Data Scientist
You want to work here!
Are you looking to work one of the fastest growing technology company's in London, ON? Are you looking to work for a company that values their employees by providing a fantastic and flexible company culture? If you are looking for a challenge and an opportunity to grow with an amazing team of people, Mobials wants to hear from you!
What you’ll be doing:
The Junior Data Science role is focused on utilizing data to craft effective business solutions and achieve the company’s strategic goals. You will work with the Data Science team to help Senior Leaders make informed business decisions. You will be responsible for analysis, predictive modeling, data engineering, reporting and experimental testing for optimal product development and performance. This is a junior-level role.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
What We are Looking For:
- Undergraduate degree in Maths, Sciences, or Engineering.
- Experience with machine learning and statistical analysis.
- Proficient in one or more statistical programming languages (Python, R, SQL, etc.).
- Natural inquisitiveness.
- Excellent communicator who can clearly articulate and present complex data and analytical concepts to stakeholders of varying technical backgrounds.
- Analytical thinker with strong problem solving skills.
- Results-driven with a passion for research and innovation.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
Who We are Looking For
- You are not scared to ask questions, rather, you are always wanting to learn.
- Curious learners = creativity = innovation = positive change
- Great attention to detail.
- You like to work with a team.
- You are not scared to offer your opinion. We value diversity of thought.
- You take great pride in yourself and your work … you are a fan of you!
Life at Mobials Inc (You WANT to read this part!)
- A remote first work environment
- Hotel desking is available in the head office location in London, ON
- Education & personal development - we expect everyone to be learning and growing and we will support you, including financial support.
- Work life balance - Mobials allows flex-time scheduling and has competitive vacation benefits. We understand that life happens!
- Benefits - there is a company-wide, company paid flex plan health and dental program
- DPSP - We help invest in you and your future
- Social committee - we organize socials regularly (Virtual Bingo, Virtual Lunches, Beach Day, office olympics, scavenger hunts, etc.) and have a super fun annual Christmas party
We encourage applications from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be held in strictest confidence.