Junior Windows Storage & Virtualization Administrator
Location: London, Ontario, Canada; Remote - Canada
Reporting To : Infrastructure Team Lead
The Junior Windows Storage & Virtualization Administrator’s role is to administer and maintain the organization’s Windows, Storage and Virtual infrastructure according to best practices. The WSA will ensure consistent storage and VM provisioning, uptime, regulatory compliance and Windows systems security. The WSA is responsible for the management and control of all Corporate and Production information, storage devices and space, VM’s and supporting infrastructure. They will assist in day to day operations and support.
Core Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in the operation of Microsoft and VMware technologies and products
- Interacts with the rest of the Infrastructure team in the implementation and configuration of the technology solutions including all related infrastructure testing
- Performs installations, maintenance, upgrades and monitor, troubleshoot, administer and tune operating system and infrastructure hardware with guidance from senior staff
- Analyzes storage system performance and capacity requirements
- Manages the operation of backup and recovery products and tools ensuring operational procedures are adhered to and compliant with corporate policies
- Maintains and implements server and desktop anti-virus and other security applications
- Maintains and implements Active Directory group policies, OU’s, security groups, AD replication
Education, Experience and Competencies:
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or related industry and 2 – 4 years' experience
- Nice to have: one or more certifications from Microsoft, related to SAN, VMware. Security+ and/or Linux+ a bonus
- Knowledge of Windows Server, Windows desktop clients, and related technologies
- Knowledge of Active Directory and related services
- Operational familiarity with VMware vSphere, and related products
- Familiarity with storage, clustering technologies and virtualization solutions a bonus
J.D. Power is a global leader in consumer insights, advisory services and data and analytics. A pioneer in the use of big data, artificial intelligence (AI) and algorithmic modeling capabilities to understand consumer behavior, J.D. Power has been delivering incisive industry intelligence on customer interactions with brands and products for more than 50 years. The world's leading businesses across major industries rely on J.D. Power to guide their customer-facing strategies.
J.D. Power is clear about what we do to ensure our success into the future. We unite industry leading data and insights with world-class technology to solve our clients’ toughest challenges.
At J.D. Power, we strive to be Truth Finders, Change Makers and Team Driven - the distinct behaviors that, together, define our unique culture.
Truth Finders - At J.D. Power, we are proud of the unbiased data and findings we provide. As individuals, each and every member of our team is dedicated to living this same objectivity and embodying the highest ethical and professional standards – the only ‘favorite’ we have is the truth.
Change Makers - At J.D. Power, we never stand still. We constantly seek better ways – innovating and evolving in everything we do to support our colleagues and our clients alike – and all in service of delivering data and insights that drive meaningful business impact.
Team Driven - At J.D. Power, we are one team and we are activated. Regardless of individual role, every member of our team is dedicated to supporting their immediate colleagues and our broader J.D. Power family to deliver on our collective purpose and make us greater than the sum of our parts. At J.D. Power, these values are more than words. We bring these values to life throughout our organization through our employee event series — J.D. Power Values Days. Each quarter, we celebrate one of our core values and hold an annual event to celebrate our combined values at the end of the year.
We are dedicated to leveraging comprehensive and equitable practices which contribute to the overall success of the company and its employees. We invite you to learn more about our DE&I efforts.
J.D. Power is an equal opportunity employer and compliant with AODA/ADA legislation. If you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please specify.
To all recruitment agencies: J.D. Power does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.