Technical Lead, Authentication Services
We are building a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional employee, customer and advisor experiences. Our authentication Service team is part of the Identity and Access Management group, responsible for designing, implementing and operating processes and technologies that support Canada life Authentication Service solutions.
The Technical Lead, IAM Authentication service will work closely with other members of the team in the design, implementation and operation of authentication services supporting applications that are used by Canadalife’s employee, advisors and customers. This will require strong experience in designing and implementing various authentication solutions.
What you will do
- Periodically work with various teams in the refresh of Authentication roadmap and strategy
- Lead conversations in design and implementation of various authentication solutions including Single-Sign-on through OIDC, OAUTH, SAML, Kerberos, WS-Fed, LDAPS, SCIM for Canada Life applications
- Lead team in the design and implementation of SSO, Federation, API access management and MFA solution implementation
- Provide thought leadership and advisory services to various line of business regarding AuthN best practices and standards for applications
- Managing authentication solutions such as Azure SSO, ADFS solutions, ISAM
- Research, evaluate and validate practicality of new Authentication solutions via rapid prototyping
- Required to work with various application portfolios in migrating applications from ADFS to SSO
- Leading technical deliveries and service offerings
What you will bring
- 7+ years of experience in the administration of authentication services solutions including understanding of Azure SSO, ADFS and LDAPS
- Experience with implementing EIAM and CIAM Authentication technologies
- Experience and expertise defining strategy, roadmap and operating model for the authentication services
- Experience driving the adoption and onboarding of applications to centralized authentication services
- Strong technical knowledge of XML, SOAP, JSON, REST and API Security
- Minimum of 5 years experience in designing and implementing SSO and MFA for applications
- Hands-on experience with modern authentication protocols and standards like SAML, OIDC, OAuth and SCIM.
- Understanding of cybersecurity frameworks such as ISO27001 and NIST is required.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills with demonstrated experience working in an Agile enviroment.
- A degree or equivalent education in a related discipline such as Computer Science, information technology or Engineering is required
- Security certification such as CISSP is a plus
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Montreal, Toronto, London, Winnipeg.
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today!
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Canada Life serves?the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee?has the opportunity to?reach their potential.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Canada Life policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact email@example.com.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.