The responsibility of the Pilot Technologist to provide pilot installation, commissioning, repair and troubleshooting services for all Trojan Technologies equipment. On-site work includes electrical, mechanical and training. The position also includes the expectation of maintaining excellent customer satisfaction.
- Provide pilot equipment start up and commissioning at customer sites
- Manage customer piloting expectations and relationships while onsite.
- Use established procedures and standard work to provide pilot field installation, commissioning, operation & preventative maintenance services to Trojan customers.
- Solve pilot problems by diagnoses of component, system failures or process issues to isolate root causes then implement effective corrective actions.
- Create and conduct comprehensive product and technical training to customer equipment operators, maintenance personnel, engineers, and others as required.
- Compiles data, analyzes and prepares reports
- Promptly prepare and submit field reports for all work completed in the field.
- Work cooperatively with Representative Sales, Trojan Sales and Trojan’s Service Team to promote customer satisfaction.
- Extensive travel requirements within North America in the range of 40%, with some international travel
Critical Competencies / Leadership Anchors:
- Professional Maturity - Maintains self-control in the face of difficult and provoking situations. Focuses on finding problems root causes instead of finding who is at fault. Demonstrates the courage and conviction to take difficult actions based upon thorough evaluation of facts. Respectfully debates issues.
- Customer Focus - Builds and sustains positive and collaborative relationships with customers (internal or external, as applicable). The drive to discover and meet the needs of customers
- Delivers results - Knows what is important and creates organizational followership to deliver results and acts with a sense of urgency
- Management by Fact - Gathers, analyzes, summarizes data in order to draw rational, fact-based conclusions
- Entrepreneurial spirit – successfully take on new and difficult challenges
- Self-driven, results orientated with a clear focus on high quality and business profit
- Committed to personal and territory growth
- 3+ years’ experience in Technical Service
- Demonstrated troubleshooting, electrical diagnostics, repair, and preventative maintenance skills
- Fluent in English language (spoken and written) is mandatory. Other languages are an asset
- Diploma or degree in an Electrical discipline is an asset
- Able to work from electrical drawings
- Broad knowledge base of Trojan’s product lines is an asset.
- Mechanical aptitude or shop background considered an asset
- Well organized, self-starter and self-motivated.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to relate to all customer organization levels
- Excellent customer service skills
- A strong working knowledge of local Safety regulations and requirements
- Be comfortable with presentations, including the ability to communicate with learners from various technical backgrounds: i.e., discussion leading, questioning, responding and fielding skills
- Driver’s license and Passport (obtain) mandatory for this role
- PC experience in MS Office
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.