ASICS Running Apps – Head of Content Strategy
Kihachiro Onitsuka founded ASICS in 1949 to realize his desire to nurture the youth of Japan through sports and contribute to the development of society. Our founding philosophy, “Anima Sana In Corpore Sano (A Sound Mind in a Sound Body)”, represents our wish for people all over the world to live healthful and happy lives in both body and mind.
The ASICS brand is especially well known for its connection to running and for producing extremely high-quality running shoes. To strengthen our commitment to runners, we are expanding our investment in running-related digital services, i.e. running event technology (Race Roster™), AI run-coaching apps (the ASICS Runkeeper™ app), and other exciting platforms that will help us better serve the running industry. Combined, these projects and products makeup ASICS Fitness Apps.
Our mission?in the past, today, and into the future?is to contribute to a healthful and sustainable society and to bring joy to the people of the world through sports. Sports are an important element in living longer healthy lives, in feeling more fulfilled, and in crossing national and cultural boundaries to bring the world together. If you are looking to join a fun and innovative company focused on the booming digital health and fitness industry, this is the place for you!
As a Head of Content Strategy, ASICS Running Apps you will oversee the strategy and execution for content within the ASICS Runkeeper™ app and contribute to ASICS’ overall content strategy. You will be responsible for building an international team of coaches and other professionals, and leading them in creating localized content for one or more platforms across ASICS’ digital ecosystem.
You will be relied upon to deeply understand the needs of Runkeeper users and the ASICS business, and to balance those needs as you make content decisions. You will also engage and build effective relationships with all key cross functional teams and stakeholders to anticipate needs, communicate decisions, and foster connection, collaboration, and alignment across the organization. This position requires flexibility as we respond to new business and customer requirements, while being able to quickly adapt to new strategies and priorities as they evolve.
This position is open to internal and external candidates.
This role will be working on the Runkeeper product and other apps/services in the ASICS Running Apps ecosystem
- Lead strategy development for and execution of ASICS Running Apps content to deliver a world-class experience to millions of runners
- Develop a clear vision for engaging customers across ASICS’ broader digital ecosystem
- Present content strategy and content launch plans to stakeholders across the ASICS organization
- Develop international talent network to produce global content service
- Engage with product, marketing, and other teams to align with ASICS and Running Apps strategy and voice
- Analyze content performance to inform production strategy and product/marketing decision-making
- Follow trends in running and fitness industries to inform content development and roadmap strategy
- Plan and direct photo/video shoots, audio production, and additional forms of content creation, as needed
- Train and coach new Runkeeper Product hires working on content-related projects
- Provide support and guidance to the members of the Runkeeper Product team, informing employees of and upholding of corporate policies, industry best practice standards, and managing performance expectations
- Manage annual performance reviews, professional development, and KPI tracking for all direct reports
- Inspire commitment, high energy, and positive attitudes across the ASICS Running Apps team
- Lead the team in diversity and inclusion initiatives focusing on culture and equitable processes
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Information Technology, Psychology or any other related field
- 5+ years of content strategy and production experience and 2+ years of serving as a project manager (or in a similar leadership role)
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally to achieve business goals
- A passion for health and fitness, innovation, and helping people achieve a sound mind in a sound body
- Knowledge of and experience with various media formats (video, audio, photo, etc.) and means of production for each
- 2+ years of experience developing strategic plans, including communicating and receiving buy-in from senior stakeholders, as well as developing an execution plan for agreed-upon deliverables
- Ability to think critically through qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Experience managing content production teams
- Superior attention to detail, highly collaborative, proactive, adaptable
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work autonomously
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and set/meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated commitment to health equity, antiracism, social justice causes, and community development
- Comfort with ambiguity, and ability to adapt to change and remain upbeat under pressure
- Experience working in a technology or fitness company, especially a startup
- Professional background in the running and/or fitness industry preferred
- MBA or other relevant masters degree
- Change in one or more metrics relevant to projects over which you have ownership
- Degree to which stakeholders (to include your teams and other ASICS teams) are aware of and aligned to your priorities and work
- Degree to which deadlines for feature delivery are met
- Efficient use of time and resources
- Continuously learning and improving in your role
- Quality of work performed
The successful candidate for this role will become an employee of Race Roster North America Corporation (RRNA), a subsidiary of ASICS Corporation – a Japanese multinational corporation. Race Roster was founded in London, Ontario in 2011.
Personable, Integrity, Expertise, Trustworthy
Send all cover letters and resume’s to email@example.com