Help Desk Technician
Do you enjoy diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving network, PC, e-mail, hardware, software, and systems-related issues? Do you excel at asking the right questions, uncovering root causes, and providing next-level support to users? Are you motivated by the satisfaction of receiving, addressing, and closing out help desk tickets?
If this is you, we have the CAREER you have been searching for!
Who We Are
We engage employees and empower leaders to love what they do by being the most complete and connected HR solution in Canada, and we want you to love what you do!
Since 2005, we’ve helped Canadian businesses more quickly and efficiently accomplish HR tasks by providing them with end-to-end solutions and services for all things people. We pioneered live HR advice and continue to elevate our HR software and services to stay on top of changing business needs. Last year, we won three 5-Star Awards from the Canadian HR Reporter for Learning and Development, HR Consulting, and Compensation. All of these awards resulted from client nominations and testimonials.
Our passion for all things people applies to everything we do! HRdownloads has been recognized NINE TIMES as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces, most recently in 2022 with further recognition in Best Workplaces for Professional Services and for Hybrid Work!
Noted for our unique and engaging ways, we have also been ranked as one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies for six years with recognition for continued profit growth from the Report on Business. We have more awards to come and are excited to celebrate everything that our people contribute to our culture of family and innovation. We want each person to be the greatest of all time, and that includes you!
What You’ll Do
As a Help Desk Technician, you’ll be hands-on with hardware, software, and infrastructure. You’ll work directly with employees and management to get users up and running with technology, troubleshoot issues, and solve problems.
As a Help Desk Technician you will:
- Provide daily support of the company’s internal network and systems, diagnosing and troubleshooting hardware and software as required both on-site and virtually.
- Respond to and prioritize helpdesk tickets.
- Perform simple repairs on IT assets and coordinate larger repairs with third party service companies.
- Participate in the onboarding and offboarding of remote and local employees by supporting hardware setup and new hire training.
- Publish website content to internal and customer facing portals monthly.
- Act as a backup for all level 2 and level 3 support staff.
- Ensure IT-related inventory is accurately maintained.
You are a tech professional who:
- Has at least one year of experience in a help desk support capacity.
- Has experience with a wide variety of hardware including PCs, VoIP phones, hubs, switches, routers, and any peripherals (A+ certification in progress or completed is a bonus).
- Has experience with or exposure to a variety of software, including Windows Server, Active Directory, and Microsoft Office 365 suite.
- Has experience with or exposure to relational databases (e.g., MySQL workbench).
- Has exceptional time management and prioritization skills.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative environment.
- Is committed to learning and developing your technical competence.
- Has a bachelor’s degree or college diploma in computer science or a related field or demonstrated experience in the field.
Please note that this position requires regular on-site work at our office located at 727 Exeter Rd. in London, Ontario.
It’s a bonus if you:
- Are fluent in French.
- Have HTML editing experience.
- Have experience using the Salesforce platform.
- Have basic familiarity with VoIP telephony systems.
What You’ll Love About What You Do
In IT, you must love the thrill of helping employees get and maintain access to the essential tools and devices they need to succeed. Knowing that you are working for a Canadian company that values its employees and provides opportunities for learning and growth can be extremely rewarding. All the while you are working on a team that values collaboration and fun, with opportunities to exceed personal bests and grow long-term!
- The rewards are plentiful! We offer a competitive compensation structure for all of your hard work.
- We want you to have a life outside work. Our hours of operation are Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- We care about you. 10 paid wellness days, 5 paid sick days, health and dental benefits, EFAP, RRSP, and employer-paid GoodLife memberships are just a few of the ways to show you that your well-being matters to us!
- We care about giving back. We believe that a team builds a company and a company builds a community, and that's why we take pride in giving back to our London community! Check out HRdonates.
- Flexible work model. We want you to work where you are most productive; this is a hybrid work opportunity!
- Thrive in our culture. We’ve been recognized NINE TIMES as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces and are rated 4.2 out of 5 stars on Glassdoor.
- We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. Joining the HRdownloads team means you will have a lot of fun, from exciting company incentives to Friday morning virtual team builders. We make certain to take time to celebrate our successes!
- Grow your career with us. When you join our team, you are signing up for more than just a job; you are signing up for a career! You won't be just another human to fill a role, we see you as YOU; who you are today and who you aspire to be. That's why we invest in our employees through regular coaching, training, and professional development.
So, what do you say? Do you have what it takes to be a member of our award-winning team? If so, send us your résumé!
HRdownloads is an equal opportunity employer and will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request and throughout the entire recruitment process.
Thank you for considering a career with HRdownloads.
Apply for this job