Digital Media Specialist
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada at the time of application. Candidates must have one of the following to be eligible for consideration – Canadian Citizenship, valid Permanent Resident status, valid Protected Person status or a valid open Work Permit.
We are looking for a creative person with a funny, clever, and outgoing personality with no fear of putting themselves out there and trying new things to join the team that manages our TikTok, Instagram and YouTube platforms.
Our ideal candidate will have strong creative and video skills, as well as a deep knowledge of social media and a finger on the pulse of what’s coming next within the platforms and on social media.If this describes you, please get in touch with us to talk about the role of Digital Media Specialist at Big Blue Bubble.
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Designing and creating video content for TikTok, Instagram/Facebook Reels, and YouTube Shorts.
- Creating engagement stories on social media.
- Developing visually captivating content for all platforms.
- Operating video cameras and smartphones, on location or indoors.
- Creating a social media calendar and schedule postings.
- Creating scripts to be used for social media content.
- Directing filming sequences for social media content.
- Researching audience preferences and staying up to date on social media trends.
To be an effective team member, you should have:
- Degree or diploma in Marketing, Communication, Business, or an equivalent formation of work experience.
- Strong videography, photography and editing skills.
- Proven filming and video production experience .
- Experience with developing trending social media posts.
- Working knowledge of Adobe creative suite (photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Premier Pro).
- Working knowledge of video creating/editing experience for platforms like Reels, TikTok, YouTube, Instagram stories, etc.
You also have the following attributes and skills:
- Expertise in primary social networks and an understanding of how to optimize content for them.
- Ability to be both proactive and reactive with content combined with being a “master of memes”.
- Understanding of community channels such as Discord, Reddit, forums, and more.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of video games.
- Organized and well structured in your work habits.
- Ability to adapt to change and to work under pressure within the agreed timeframes.
Big Blue Bubble is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from queer, transgender, Indigenous, BIPOC, d/Deaf and disabled applicants. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments – if you require accommodations at any point in the application or recruitment process please submit them in confidence to email@example.com.
What makes our studio so exceptional:
- Flexible hybrid work schedule providing a mix of in-office and remote work days.
- Inclusive studio culture that fosters strong collaboration and support amongst its team members.
- Smaller scope projects which provide multifaceted opportunities to build skills and try new things.
- Strong focus on work-life balance with minimal overtime.
- In-office barista and full kitchen to host daily popcorn, ice cream days and food events.
- Unique and frequent team-building and social events (pi day, office olympics, escape rooms, gaming tournaments, movie days and so much more).
- Gaming consoles and other in-office equipment (arcade machine, devices and massage chair).
- Paid game fund, so you can continue to expand your industry knowledge.
- Comprehensive benefits package and annual bonuses.
- Paid time off, sick days, wedding leave, and baby leave.
- Focus on giving back to our community through events such as Extra Life.
- Variety of internship placements where students quickly see the impact of their work.
- Part of the EG7 global gaming cooperative that is comprised of several companies that specialize in video game entertainment such as Daybreak Games, Piranha Games, Antimatter Games, Toadman Studios, Petrol, and Fireshine Games.
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
Big Blue Bubble would never ask an applicant for their social insurance number, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. We would also never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an employment offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview.
To learn more about Big Blue Bubble, click here.