Join our Winning Team as a Product Researcher
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we’re proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We’re proud to work with people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best. We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work- hard play- hard” is taken to new heights. Even today, while working remotely, our culture is strong and our team is connected!
At CARFAX we’ve been delivering exceptional experiences through revolutionary products for over 30 years. We seek a Product Researcher to help us continue building these great products acting as the “Voice of our Consumer”. We’re looking for someone who has proven expertise in using quantitative and qualitative research to meet business needs and provide user insights across our products. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, desire to be part of a dynamic creative team, this may be your perfect job.
As a Product Researcher, you will:
- Translate business needs into research questions for investigation
- Conduct primary research to understand users, their needs and challenges and leverage secondary research to build domain knowledge
- Synthesize research findings into succinct actionable insights for designers, developers, product managers and other stakeholders
- Communicate findings and insights with succinct presentations, personas, and user stories to promote understanding and empathy among stakeholders
- Collect and update monthly, product specific quantitative Experience Dashboard (capturing metrics like NPS, Satisfaction, etc.)
- Perform competitive analysis to understand the strength and weaknesses of competitor products
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- Minimum of 7 years demonstrated experience conducting quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience conducting research across user device types and audience groups
- Lead decisions on the right process, methods, and tools for product/user research to meet business needs
- Demonstrate written and verbal communication skills through artifacts that convert complex data and findings into understandable reports, presentations, and research best practices.
- Ability to critique designs as a user advocate and to accept research critiques
- Build strong cross-functional relationships, understanding deadlines and team requirements to define research needs based on scope and deadlines
- Inform the CARFAX design system by surfacing common user insights across products
- BS in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Market Research, Math, Computer Science or a related field (advanced degree a plus)
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.