PSD Citywide is a full-service firm offering research, consulting services and software to the North American public sector market. Our client base includes hundreds of small, mid-sized, and large municipalities from across North America, provincial/state and federal government agencies, and private sector entities. We are an industry leader that specializes in enterprise asset management and financial budgeting for municipalities. Over our years of experience, we have developed cutting-edge software solutions for our client’s asset management and financial budgeting needs, leaving behind mature and manageable programs making positive impacts in local communities.
PSD’s service areas are configured to meet three essential needs for governments: policy research and analysis, high-performance technology, and credible data. Through our infrastructure consulting and advisory practice, we work with decision-makers to refine organizational systems, programs, and processes for better corporate outcomes.
As we continue to grow our team, we are seeking a full-time GIS Developer to join our team. This is a remote based role with occasional requirements to be onsite in our offices or at a client site.
GIS solutions allow organizations to store, manage, and manipulate spatial data to improve decision-making, communicate concepts more clearly, and visualize complex challenges. Enterprise GIS is a versatile web-hosted solution for the public sector, supporting municipal asset management programs across the country. PSD Citywide is looking for a GIS Developer with experience working with both enterprise and OpenSource GIS solutions, to contribute to the continued development of Enterprise GIS. PSD's GIS solution can fully integrate with clients' existing GIS solutions but is also a robust standalone GIS solution for public sector organizations. In this role, the successful candidate will help further expand Enterprise GIS functionality, providing municipalities with a user-friendly, tailored, enterprise-wide GIS solution.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Working in an Agile project delivery environment, develop and modify technology systems, addressing functional, performance, security, quality, operational and monitoring needs.
- Analysis of business requirements, design and development of web applications that are integrated with other modules.
- Managing data integrity and quality assurance activities to ensure application stability.
- Working with other software developers to take product ideas from concept to release.
- Managing self-directed assignments to implement features and resolve software defects to meet schedule commitments with high-level of quality.
- Performs technical analysis, design and software development using appropriate technologies to support department and company objectives.
- Works with Business Analysts to define the functional and technical needs of a project and recommends solutions.
- Translates functional specifications into technical specifications to meet and resolve business needs.
- University or College degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or related degree/diploma
- Strong understanding of GIS (Commercial and OpenSource)
- Overall architecture and components
- Knowledgeable with OGC standards
- Experience working with GIS OpenSource stack including: Geoserver/ QGIS Server, QGIS Desktop & plug-ins, Postgresql + Postgis, Openlayers, Leaflet
- Experience building and scaling user-focused web applications
- Experience in design and development of scalable and secured web services that integrate with other technologies
- Experience with source code repositories such as Git
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket)
- DevOps technologies (Docker, Ansible, Ranch)
- ETL products like FME client and Server to help client with data integration and automation
- Python and/or Java knowledge would be considered an asset
All resumes will be reviewed for experience working with key technologies. Only those who qualify will be contacted for an initial screening interview. We strive to provide a quick recruitment process, but to find the right candidate for the job the process may take up to a month to complete. We make every effort to follow up with every candidate regarding the next step in the process.
If you are invited to a screening interview you will discuss your experience with one of our HR team members. This interview is an opportunity to get to know a little more about the company, the type of work we do and impact we have.
Candidates invited to an in-person virtual interview will meet with the department Manager and a member of the HR team. This will allow the candidate to get to know the team as well as learn more about our processes, culture and growth opportunities we have at PSD.
Why work with us?
Employee personal and career growth is important to us and we will encourage you to pursue the things you care about. We have a mentoring program that matches you with a peer in your department for your first three months to ensure you get fully acquainted with your position. We also encourage continuous learning through a Training & Development program allowing our employees to fully explore their interests and contribute to different product and service development teams at PSD.
- Competitive Salaries
- Full Benefits Package
- Training & Development Opportunities
- Company Matched RRSP Contributions
- Flex Hours & Paid Time off
- Social and Charity events and initiatives
PSD is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this when you apply, and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.