Are you a 2D Artist who enjoys solving problems, learning new technologies, and working with others in a collaborative environment? Are you looking for a position where you can play a major part in the visual creation of the games we create? If this describes you, please get in touch with us to talk about the position of 2D Artist at Big Blue Bubble.
In this position, these are the things you will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the Art Lead and Production team to create exciting and imaginative content for games.
- Creating amazing 2D game-ready art assets based on concept art and direction.
- Quickly iterate concept drawings.
- Evaluating and matching visual styles for the games.
- Participating in art design review meetings and sharing your ideas, feedback and opinions.
- Continuing to enhance your art skills by keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, learning new software packages and traditional art methods.
To be an effective team member, you will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in 2D Art, Animation or related field.
- 1+ years as an Artist, preferably in games.
- Solid understanding of perspective, composition, character design, colour theory, visual effects and lighting.
- Proficient in Photoshop.
You also have the following attributes:
- A clear communicator.
- An eye for detail.
- Imaginative and out-of-the-box thinking.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
We know the above list is detailed. We don’t expect you to meet all of our criteria but we are looking for proven experience with an appetite and passion for growth. If you think you fit the role then please get in touch with us now to explore the opportunity further!
Big Blue Bubble is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from queer, transgender, Indigenous, BIPOC, d/Deaf and disabled applicants. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments – if you require accommodations at any point in the application or recruitment process please submit them in confidence to email@example.com.
What makes our studio so exceptional:
- Flexible hybrid work schedule providing a mix of in-office and remote work days.
- Inclusive studio culture that fosters strong collaboration and support amongst its team members.
- Smaller scope projects which provide multifaceted opportunities to build skills and try new things.
- Strong focus on work-life balance with minimal overtime.
- In-office barista and full kitchen to host daily popcorn, ice cream days and food events.
- Unique and frequent team-building and social events (pi day, office olympics, escape rooms, gaming tournaments, movie days and so much more).
- Gaming consoles and other in-office equipment (arcade machine, devices and massage chair).
- Paid game fund, so you can continue to expand your industry knowledge.
- Comprehensive benefits package and annual bonuses.
- Paid time off, sick days, wedding leave, and baby leave.
- Focus on giving back to our community through events such as Extra Life.
- Variety of internship placements where students quickly see the impact of their work.
- Part of the EG7 global gaming cooperative that is comprised of several companies that specialize in video game entertainment such as Daybreak Games, Piranha Games, Antimatter Games, Toadman Studios, Petrol, and Fireshine Games.