Social Media Specialist
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada at the time of application. Candidates must have one of the following to be eligible for consideration – Canadian Citizenship, valid Permanent Resident status, valid Protected Person status or a valid open Work Permit.
The Social Media Specialist plays a very important role in Big Blue Bubble’s social presence. This role will evangelize Big Blue Bubble’s people, culture and brand by creating meaningful social content and engaging with our followers as well as being the voice of our players by adhering and analyzing feedback from player communities and social media channels.
This role reports to the Marketing Director and works closely with the Community Engagement Specialist, Marketing team and Quality Services team.
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Creating social content for the social calendar across our existing platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Developing social media creative asset briefs and managing the asset creation process, working directly with skilled artists and graphic designers
- Sharing the voice of our players internally; gathering and analyzing user feedback from social media channels
- Compassionately communicating with users directly on social media as well as replying to reviews
- Communicating bug fixes and user experience improvements to the quality services team
- Liaising with the company’s customer support team to keep a pulse on any developing issues
- Staying on top of social trends, competitor pages and policies which may impact existing campaigns and community management processes
- Ad hoc marketing projects and assistance as required
To be an effective team member, you will have:
- Degree or diploma in Marketing, Communication, Business, or an equivalent formation of work experience
- 1-2 years of experience in marketing, community management, or customer support, preferably in the video game industry
- Ability to remain positive and objective when dealing with the emotions of users
- Ability to multi-task and deliver within deadlines with minimal oversight
- Thorough attention to detail
- Exceptional writing skills including messaging, content marketing, and storytelling
- Experience managing social media channels such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Discord and tools such as Hootsuite
You also have the following attributes and skills:
- Expertise in primary social networks and an understanding of how to optimize content for them
- Understanding of community channels such as Discord, Reddit, forums, and more
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of video games
- Organized and well structured in your work habits
- Ability to adapt to change and to work under pressure within the agreed timeframes
- Familiarity with image and video editing software a plus
We know the above list is a lot. You don’t have to fill every single point. We each bring our own respective strengths to the table. Let us know which of the above is you and get in touch with us now to explore the opportunity further!
Big Blue Bubble is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from queer, transgender, Indigenous, BIPOC, d/Deaf and disabled applicants. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments – if you require accommodations at any point in the application or recruitment process please submit them in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about Big Blue Bubble, click here.