Full Stack Developer
We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
About Canada Life’s Digital Hub
Canada Life’s Digital Hub is a team driven by customer needs. We provide expertise and strategic thought leadership that’s fueling Canada Life’s customer experiences.
Our team of experts in design, technology, product and agile work collaboratively with our business partners, creating digital tools that improve our customers’ lives. Come join an organization committed to delivering innovative, digital experiences.
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Toronto, London, or Winnipeg
The posting below does not reflect a current vacancy. As part of our 2021 hiring plans, we are actively building our communities and pipeline of top talent for position that will arise in the future. We encourage you to submit your application if you would like to be considered for upcoming roles and future opportunities.
As a Full Stack Developer, you are responsible for transforming the design and product vision into a seamless and engaging product. You work hard to stay on top of fast changing technology and invest a lot of energy to learn new tricks. You are current on industry trends in client development frameworks and anticipate what the near future will bring. You love clean code, clean interfaces and have a real passion for problem solving. As a Full Stack Developer, you will also have deep understanding and proven grasp of end-to-end programming and you are eager to write APIs that deliver a great product.
What you’ll do
- Design and build applications and provide designers with feedback and suggest trade-offs when required
- Ensure the code follows latest coding practices and industry standards
- Work closely with other developers to understand and properly use the systems APIs
- Write both unit and integration tests and develop automation tools for daily tasks
- Challenge ideas and opinions to avoid pitfalls and inefficient solutions
- Help and mentor other members of the team
Who you are
- 5+ years of experience in Java, Spring boot, Junit, Mocking framework such as Mockito, Mongodb
- Understanding of APIs and how to use them in practice
- Experience with continuous integration tools like JIRA, Bitbucket, Bamboo and Confluence
- Knowledge & experience with UI testing, unit testing and test automation tools and frameworks like Selenium, Jasmine, etc.
- Docker or Kubernetes experience is a plus
- Understanding and flexibility in working in an Agile environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today!