Business System Analyst Co-op
Tell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think “TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here’s our story: jobs.td.com
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
Our Technology Solutions leaders are committed to people development, career advancement and value diversity and inclusion.
We have Business System Analyst Analyst Co-op opportunities in London, Ontario, and could be considered for any of the following areas:
- Channels Technology Solutions
- Enterprise Enabling Technology Solutions
- Canadian Banking, Data & Collections Technology Solutions
- Infrastructure Technology Solutions
- Wealth Technology Solutions
How You Will Contribute
We have opportunities in various Technology Solutions areas and job responsibilities for BSA Co-op’s will vary by area. This may include, but is not limited to the following:
- Plan, manage, and support the delivery of detailed system requirements and technical/functional specifications in alignment with standards and frameworks.
- Work in close partnership with business partners, technology, project teams and stakeholders to plan, elicit, analyze, document, communicate and manage detailed functional specifications.
- Support collaboration with key stakeholders to determine solutions, assess impact to existing work processes and systems, and how to manage the integration
- Develop effective and efficient solutions by researching and analyzing current state system capabilities and defining technology solutions recommendations working closely with key technology partners (e.g. Solution Designers and Architects)
- Define, document and translate business requirements into detailed functional specifications taking into account non-functional requirements
- Support testing teams in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for product, performance, user acceptance, and operational acceptance testing
- Support and contribute to project management activities by participating in the scoping and estimating of project efforts, risks identification and mitigation measures recommendation, communicating activity status and providing timely notification and escalation of possible issues/problems to the Project Manager
- Participate in quality management reviews, in particular reviews of the designs, prototypes and other requirements work products to ensure they fulfill the requirements
- Contribute to development, creation, maintenance and enhancements of forecast models and reports
What You Bring to TD
The following would be considered an asset, but not required:
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree majoring in relevant technology programs, such as Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology Management, Financial Analysis and Risk Management, Computing, etc.
- Programming experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Demonstrates leadership, ability to communicate big picture and demonstrate solutions
- Self-driven, able to program to task efficiently, adapt quickly to feedback
- Analytical thinking, able to see like a customer and develop solutions that meet a need or uncover a new opportunity
- Understanding of various system architecture types and how different systems may interact.
- ?Solid programing skills in JAVA, or JAVA Script, VBScript and/or Object Oriented programming
- Good knowledge on Software Development Life Cycles
- Good knowledge on Software Testing Methodologies
- Java/J2EE, Java Script, Web Services (Soap and Rest), Oracle
- Experience with AngularJS, Rest API, jBMP
|Please note that this is a general posting. If you are selected for an interview, more information regarding which business group and the specific job duties will be provided.Please ensure your application includes:
This position is a 4-month work term and will commence September 8, 2020.
- Resume (maximum 2 pages)
- Unofficial university transcript
- Cover letter (maximum 1 page)
TD is committed to providing you with the best candidate experience and internship in these unique circumstances. As such, work location and start dates are subject to change.
To meet our Recruiters & Technology Solutions staff on campus, visit our Campus Events page. Learn more about Kick-Starting Your Career in Technology at TD on YouTube.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.