This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
Student, Electrical Systems
Position: Student, Electrical Systems
Key Job Elements:
- Support Electrical Team designers in daily activities, including but not limited to: research for suitable vendor components, conduct trade studies, investigate production/vendor issues, troubleshooting and implementing corrective actions.
- Support Electrical Team designers with documenting designs with detailed requirements documentation, specifications, system functional descriptions, block diagrams, schematic diagrams, UML diagrams, ICDs, test plans, and technical reports
- Collaborate in the generation, design, integration and testing of innovative electrical/electronic technologies and capabilities into Light Armoured Vehicles. Key area of focus is growth in network and software enabled solutions.
- Conduct hardware and software testing to validate performance and compliance to requirements
- Participate in peer reviews and design reviews
- Write technical reports and prepare technical information in support of project deliverables and management requests
- Completed a minimum of 3 years of University degree in Electrical Engineering, or similar discipline.
- Highly motivated to learn and contribute to the delivery of world-class armoured vehicles.
- Great oral and written communication skills
- Experience with testing hardware and/or software solutions. Proficient with typical electrical troubleshooting equipment (oscilloscopes, meters, signal generators, etc).
- Ability to travel (5% Canadian and 5% US & International) and possess/able to acquire and maintain a valid passport
- Must be able to meet Anthropometrical Size Requirements for confined space
- Experience designing, building, and testing prototype wiring harnesses
- Experience or knowledge of typical Vehicle networks. Examples include CANbus, Ethernet, RS232, RS422, RS485, Video (DVI, RS170, SDI, H264, etc)
- Experience with typically automotive systems, such as electrical power distribution, power generation, brakes, engines, transmissions, heating and cooling, etc
Before applying to this role, review your school's cop-op/internship opportunities on their job board. If this position is posted, please apply through your school. Indicate your availability for this role (between 4 - 12 months). Please submit your application by February 17, 2023 at 5:00pm.
General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.