ASICS Running Apps – Content Marketing Specialist
Kihachiro Onitsuka founded ASICS in 1949 to realize his desire to nurture the youth of Japan through sports and contribute to the development of society. Our founding philosophy, “Anima Sana In Corpore Sano (A Sound Mind in a Sound Body)”, represents our wish for people all over the world to live healthful and happy lives in both body and mind.
The ASICS brand is especially well known for its connection to running and for producing extremely high-quality running shoes. To strengthen our commitment to runners, we are expanding our investment in running-related digital services, i.e. running event technology (Race Roster™), AI run-coaching apps (the ASICS Runkeeper™ app), and other exciting platforms that will help us better serve the running industry. Combined, these projects and products are known as ASICS Running Apps.
Our mission?in the past, today, and into the future?is to contribute to a healthful and sustainable society and to bring joy to the people of the world through sports. Sports are an important element in living longer healthy lives, in feeling more fulfilled, and in crossing national and cultural boundaries to bring the world together. If you are looking to join a fun and innovative company focused on the booming digital health and fitness industry, this is the place for you!
This position is open to internal and external candidates.
As the Content Marketing Specialist at Race Roster, you will be responsible for the creation of content specifically targeted toward leads, prospects, and current clients. In this role, you will work alongside the marketing team to create content in a variety of formats suitable for the intended audience. While the majority of the created content will be written, there will also be opportunities to create video content, host webinars, and plan events (both virtual and in-person). You will attend various interdepartmental meetings to continually improve your knowledge of all of our offerings, understand the product pipeline, monitor progress on key initiatives, and develop a clear understanding of the needs of our clients and prospects. The ideal candidate for this role will have copywriting experience and a solid understanding of the endurance event industry.
This role will be working with the Race Roster product and teams.
The successful candidate for this role can be either a satellite employee (working 100% remotely from a designated location within Canada or US). Or, a hybrid employee (flexibility to work in the office or from home at a location within 75km/75 miles from the London, ON/Boston, MA office).
- Write content for the Race Roster website to inform existing and prospective clients of new features, new releases, and more
- Write copy for social media posts, advertising campaigns, presentation decks for Sales and Customer Success teams, and more
- Write captivating subject lines and email copy for various marketing initiatives
- Work with clients to build out case studies and success stories on how they’ve used Race Roster to succeed in their business
- Write ebooks that will be used as gated content for the marketing team, and value-add content for existing clients
- Create content and write copy to be used for Webinars on a variety of different topics
- Assist with the planning and management of events (virtual and in-person) hosted by the Sales and Marketing teams
- Attend various interdepartmental meetings to understand pipeline and progress on key initiatives and to fully understand the capabilities of new and existing Race Roster functionality
- Understand SEO strategies and incorporate them into the content creation process
- Stay on top of industry and technology trends and prepare appropriate related content to share with prospects and clients
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously with strict deadlines with exceptional attention to detail
- Edit and proofread content for accuracy, spelling, grammar, style consistency, tone, flow, comprehension and format
- Meaningfully participate in diversity and inclusion initiatives across the ASICS Running Apps teams
Skills & Experience
- 1+ years of copywriting experience
- Keyword research skills
- An understanding of basic SEO strategies
- Experience with SEO tools such as Moz, SEMrush, Google Analytics, Google Keyword planner, etc. Training or certification in these tools is a bonus.
- Ability to analyze analytics data, identify opportunities, and make reasonable conclusions and recommendations.
- Background in the endurance event industry preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with prospects, clients, team members, vendors, and partners
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to self-manage, prioritize initiatives and work well with self-motivated teams that embrace a culture of collaboration, enthusiasm, and overachievement
- Effective completion of assigned tasks
- Efficient use of time and resources
- Continuously learning and improving in your role
- Quality of work performed
- Ability to communicate effectively with other employees at all levels of the organization
The successful candidate for this role will become an employee of Race Roster North America Corporation (RRNA), a subsidiary of ASICS Corporation – a Japanese multinational corporation. Race Roster was founded in London, Ontario in 2011.