This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
IT Support Specialist
For over 70 years Buckland has been working to help companies across the world experience global trade in a better way. Buckland employs a unique approach to global trade that focuses on combining trusted technologies and talented people that know how to use them. As a customer-focused company, Buckland provides customers with a single source of unmatched Customs Brokerage (Canadian, US, Mexican), Trade Managed Solutions, Freight Forwarding, Trade Technologies and Warehousing/Distribution Services. Buckland strives to provide customized services in a memorable way.
Reporting to Manager, IT Operations this position is responsible for proper computer operations so that end users can accomplish their daily tasks in a timely manner. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests via phone, ticketing system or in person.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary, benefits package and matching retirement plan
- A friendly, collaborative work environment
- Opportunities for professional development & ongoing learning
- A chance to be part of a growing organization
- Field incoming help requests from end users via phone, ticketing system or in person
- Participate in gathering requirements, testing customizations and deploying updates and software modifications for in-house developed systems.
- Participate in the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all production systems, software, and communication links.
- Assist with configuration, installation and maintenance of software, hardware and telecommunications services such as: personal computers, systems software, software applications, printers, telephones, PBX, VOIP, servers, routers, switches, modem cabling and Internet service providers and general office equipment.
- Assist with planning, design, procurement and installation of server and database hardware, software and related equipment.
- Assist with server operating system and application upgrades, bug fixes and patching.
- Assist with asset monitoring and management of all Buckland IT resources.
- Assist to coordinate management of backup and restore environment for all servers and desktops.
- Assist department to ensure hardware, software and network are available 98+% of time on 24/7 basis, excluding scheduled downtime.
- Develop systems and reporting documentation for management as required.
- Consults with technical staff, vendors & consultants when the causes of related problems are not apparent.
- Perform other related duties and projects as required.
The ideal candidate will bring:
- Completed Computer Science Degree/Diploma or related technical education focusing on the following:
- Virtual server technologies VMWare / Hyper-V
- Cloud Infrastructure Azure / AWS / Google
- Microsoft Exchange 2016 / 2019 / Exchange Online
- Windows server 2016/2019/2022 and the accompanying enterprise applications, Active Directory, IIS, file servers, etc.
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Desktop support for PC environment supporting Windows 10 and Microsoft Office suite
- Networking, Cisco/Meraki/Palo Alto/others
- Experience in any of the following areas would also be an asset; warehousing, customs brokerage, importing, exporting, logistics, supply chain systems.
- Networking fundamentals and experience considered an asset
- Microsoft 365 and Azure experience considered an asset
- Applied knowledge of PowerShell scripting
- Ability to self-organize tasks, communicate clearly and problem solve vital to this role
Requirement to be able to travel in CA, US, or MX up to 20% as required.
If this describes you, we’d love to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.buckland.com to learn more about Buckland and apply through our Career page today.
Those applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in the application and/or interview process must submit their request to the Human Resources Department