Tell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think “TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here’s our story: jobs.td.com
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
Our Technology Solutions leaders are committed to people development, career advancement and value diversity and inclusion.
We have Developer Co-op opportunities in London, Ontario and could be considered for any of the following areas:
- Channels Technology Solutions
- Canadian Banking, Data & Collections Technology Solutions
- Infrastructure Technology Solutions
- Enterprise Enabling Technology Solutions
- Wealth Technology Solutions
|How You Will Contribute
We have opportunities in various Technology Solutions areas and job responsibilities for students will vary by area. This may include, but is not limited to the following:
- Assist in the development/maintenance of comprehensive processes for prevention of issues
- Participate in problem determination and timely resolution of incidents applying appropriate quality measures
- Work with business partners to define and develop detailed business requirements
- Perform design, development and deployment of system enhancements
- Perform Unit and System Integration testing
- Document system deployment plans for system implement and code deployment
- Participate in Proof of Concept (POC) on new technologies and document findings
- Provide recommendations with full usability analysis.
- Conduct program/ system research, analysis, detailed design and problem resolution
- Respond to business and user enquiries on business applications
- Troubleshoot and determine root cause and resolution for application defects
- Ensure defect free programming by testing and debugging using available and appropriate tools
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Apply Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC) to complete specific development tasks for projects.
- Provide support on finance tracking, budget forecast, and analysis
- Adhere to standard security coding practices to ensure application is free of coding vulnerabilities
- Continuously enhance knowledge/expertise by keeping current with leading-edge technologies trends/developments
- Continuously develop expertise in TD services, applications, infrastructure, analytical tools and techniques that can contribute to an effective solution to development and deliveries
What You Bring to TD
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree majoring in relevant technology programs, such as Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology Management, Financial Analysis and Risk Management, Computing, etc.
- Programming experience
- Demonstrates leadership, ability to communicate big picture and demonstrate solutions
- Self-driven, able to program to task efficiently, adapt quickly to feedback
- Analytical thinking, able to see like a customer and develop solutions that meet a need or uncover a new opportunity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and thrives working with others
- A thirst for constantly exploring emerging technology
- Familiarity and strength in any of the following: C, C++, C#, Object C, Java, Java Script, Python, NodeJS, Ruby, SQL, J2EE, Web Services, .NET, VBA, FPML, XML, HTTP, WSDL, Linux, Unix, Perl, Oracle, AIX, Windows, FIX Protocol
- Asset but not required, with any of the following in a mainframe environment: TSO, COBOL, JCL, JCL Procedures, DB2, IMS, SQL, DFSORT, INSYNC, Endevor
Please note that this is a general posting. If you are selected for an interview, more information regarding which business group and the specific job duties will be provided.Please ensure your application includes:
This position is a 4-month work term and will commence September 8, 2020.
- Resume (maximum 2 pages)
- Unofficial university transcript
- Cover letter (maximum 1 page)
TD is committed to providing you with the best candidate experience and internship in these unique circumstances. As such, work location and start dates are subject to change.
To meet our Recruiters & Technology Solutions staff on campus, visit our Campus Events page. Learn more about Kick-Starting Your Career in Technology at TD on YouTube.
Monday-Friday, standard business hours
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.