Senior Robotics & Controls Integrator
Who is the Automation & Robotics Team?
We tackle challenging robotic pick-and-place, packaging, palletizing, assembly, and quality inspection applications for clients across North America in multiple industries. Typical projects range between 3-12 months in duration, $100k to $10M+ in value, and 3 to 20 team members you can count on.
We are problem solvers who automate and improve manufacturing processes through innovative projects. Speed, precision, flexibility, adaptivity, and tenacity are traits that our people share with the robotic systems we create. With an intense focus on customer experience, we are growing rapidly and constantly evolving.
Click here to see a JMP Solution in action: https://youtu.be/VE54s8Dc0kE
What would a typical day be like?
As a Robotics & Controls Integrator, you will:
- Setup, test, and final implementation of a variety of robotic and flexible automation systems
- Configure and troubleshoot PLC’s, robots, motion systems, and vision systems
- Leading Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) at JMP and Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) at JMP’s customers
- Provide an extraordinary customer experience while tackling field service requests
- Provide input and feedback to team members to setup JMP’s projects for success
- Gain exposure to several industries including food, consumer packaged goods, and heavy machinery
- Given the nature of the work, employees do work over weekends or outside of standard business hours as required. Trips to customer sites in North America several times per year are required, typically lasting 1-2 weeks per trip. Typical travel up to 35% of the year in North America.
What qualifies you for this opportunity?
- Exposure to Fanuc and ABB industrial robots, Rockwell/AB controls, HMI’s, sensors, and vision systems
- Eagerness to roll-up your sleeves to troubleshoot equipment, turn wrenches, and check wiring
- Relentless pursuit of learning and growth in the world of industrial automation
- Amazing interpersonal skills within a multi-disciplinary team and diverse customers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Mechatronics, etc.) or similar College program
How could you boost your application?
- Customer service and project management experience
- A portfolio of projects in which you made significant contributions
- Ability to comprehend existing PLC and robot programs, electrical and mechanical drawings
- Collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team on innovative projects
What Does Success Look Like in this Role?
At JMP, our employees bring more to the table than simply their technical skills. JMP’s Core Competencies are essential to employee success. JMP employees are constantly flexing the following soft skill behaviors to compliment the technical aspects of their roles.
- Personal Effectiveness: strong communication, adaptability, self-awareness, negotiation, problem-solving
- Tenacity: purpose, determination, drive, perseverance
- Sense of urgency: responsiveness, energy, engagement, loyalty
- Smarts: comprehension, learning aptitude, skillfulness, brain power
- Accountable: takes ownership, responsible, go-to person, decisiveness
Who is JMP?
A mature, North American company founded in 1987 with 15 business units across the US and Canada, JMP serves the Fortune 1000 space providing engineering services and turnkey solutions in seven core areas: process automation, control system integration, information and MES, automation and robotics systems, automated guided vehicles, material handling, and networking and security applications.
We are CFE Media’s 2nd fastest growing Systems Integrator in the world on the 2019 System Integrator Giants list, certified as a “Great Place to Work” 2013 through 2019 and a “Best Workplaces Canada” award recipient from 2013 through 2019 and the only company in the world who is a Rockwell Automation Solution Partner, CSIA and RIA Certified.
What does JMP value?
Our values are our foundational concepts on which we build JMP; we adhere to these no matter what mountain we climb.
- Integrity: We do what we say we will do, every time, all the time.
- Relationships: We identify professional working relationships and create opportunities to develop those relationships
- Collaboration: We team together to achieve far more than we could on our own
- Leadership: We value people who lead by example, take pride in what they do and inspire others
- Respect: We promotes a caring environment of mutual respect for employees, customers, partners, and communities
- Excellence: We set high standards of performance for ourselves and our team
Why Join the JMP Team?
At JMP we invest in our employees. JMP provides a very challenging work environment and believes in treating all employees with respect and providing equitable compensation. We empower our employees to use their creativity and problem-solving skills daily. We have a solid performance management system and a supportive leadership team to help us achieve our personal and corporate objectives.
What Do Our Employees Say about JMP?
“JMP is a great place to work because everyone on the team has the opportunity to make meaningful and significant contributions to the projects they are working on. We are always working on innovative projects in a wide range of industries which always keeps the job interesting.”
- Employee, Automation & Robotics Division
“I love working at JMP because it’s fast-paced and I’m never bored. There is a ton of room to grow and I’m always able to push my boundaries and feel supported while doing it. I have been given a lot of great opportunities to grow both personally and professionally.”
“I have been bombarded with new things and JMP has the support structure both in the office and across North America to help me smoothly navigate this transition. My advice to new hires at JMP is to take advantage of the resources available to you. There are 250+ other employees you can learn from and so many different directions you can take your career.”
- Employee, Fairfield Office
JMP Solutions has an accommodation program in place that provides reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Human Resources.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.