IT Infrastructure Engineering
Starlim North America is a global leader in the manufacturing of silicone parts specializing in custom Liquid Silicone Rubber moulding for health care and automotive industries.
Located in London since 2004, our Austrian mother company has been expanding world-wide since 1974. Our proprietary, fully automated, world-class technologies and high quality products, combined with creative, continuous improvement and lean manufacturing technologies allow us to deliver high quality products.
- Responsible for timely and conscientious implementation of IT projects
- Ensuring the security and availability of IT infrastructure/server/systems
- Planning and implementation of global IT projects
- Further development of the infrastructure for the requirements and required functions in the future
- Support of the local manager and colleagues at head office
We require an Infrastructure Engineer who will be responsible for:
- Third level support for customers and assistance to first level IT support
- Coordination with external partners and colleagues in Austria concerning the solving of problems and implementation of projects
- Maintenance of the infrastructure and development for future conditions (telephone system, server, network, storage, Firewall, etc.)
- Project lead and member of IT Infrastructure Projects (global and locally)
- Documentation of knowledge and trainings for first level support as well as projects and changes
- Development of the existing IT Infrastructure System
- Passing know-how on to IT colleagues and train them on new IT systems
- Administration of the entire infrastructure in consultation with Austrian colleagues
- Other duties and projects as assigned by management
- Support Environmental, Health & Safety initiatives throughout the facility, ensuring safety, housekeeping and quality standards are maintained
Do you have?
- Post Secondary education with a Diploma/Degree in Information Technology
- Minimum 3-5 years of working experience in IT, 2nd or 3rd level support and with large IT projects
Successful candidate will also have:
- Strong working knowledge of SQL Server, Firewall, MS Exchange, Active Directory, VM Ware, Storage (HP, DELL, NetApp), Windows-Server (2008-2019), Network/Switching/Firewall (Barracuda, Fortinet, Cisco)
- Diligent implementation of projects and responsibility for changes and project scope
- Recognition for the need of strong documentation and execution of processes
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities and be a logical thinker
- Solution-oriented approach
- Willingness to learn new systems and technologies
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills
- Project management skills
- Follow and safeguard the guidelines and standards of the IT of starlim//sterner
- Strong English proficiency, both written and verbal
- Must be able to work nights and weekend if required
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision and as part of a larger team
If you have the required qualifications and would like to work in a growing, high tech, continuous improvement environment, please apply with your resume and cover letter, https://starlimna.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=79
Starlim is an equal employment opportunity employer and offer a competitive salary and benefit package. Candidates must be legally employable in Canada to be considered for employment.
Starlim North America is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.