This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
Sr. Technical Specialist
For over 70 years Buckland has been working to help companies across the world experience global trade in a better way. Buckland employs a unique approach to global trade that focuses on combining trusted technologies and talented people that know how to use them. As a customer-focused company, Buckland provides customers with a single source of unmatched Customs Brokerage (Canadian, US, Mexican), Trade Managed Solutions, Freight Forwarding, Trade Technologies and Warehousing/Distribution Services. Buckland strives to provide customized services in a memorable way.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Canadian Operations; this position entails providing assistance to the Supervisor, Manager and Account Analysts including handling all aspects of NAFTA/FTA processing, review and upload to CCAPP, database management, post entry auditing and CCAPP UAT testing.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary, benefits package and matching retirement plan
- A friendly, collaborative work environment
- Opportunities for professional development & ongoing learning
- A chance to be part of a growing organization
- Coordinate annual NAFTA communication to Buckland Customs Broker’s clients and or their vendors
- Review, update and upload NAFTA Certificates in the database
- Complete NAFTA billing in accordance to internal procedures.
- Research, review and commit new parts into Buckland’s database.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of post entry audit process
- Perform post entry audits regularly.
- Assist with special projects
- Enters and maintains the database for new account setups
- Other database updates as required
- CCAPP UAT testing
- Ability to travel between Canada and the USA to other offices
The ideal candidate will bring:
- Canada CCS designation or working toward CCS designation required
- 5+ years Customs experience or industry related equivalent
- Post-secondary education an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with good organizational and decision making skills
- Good problem solving and time management skills
- Intermediate level in Microsoft applications including Excel, Word and Access
- Valid passport and ability to travel across the border.
Buckland is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors.
Upon request, Buckland will make accommodations available to applicants throughout the recruitment and hiring process.