Director, Data and Insights
At CARFAX Canada, we’re more than just obsessed with cars. We’re obsessed with data and using it to help millions of Canadians buy, sell and maintain cars - but you can learn that on our website. Let’s talk about the sweet perks you’ll get when working here (i.e. what you actually want to know): Some days you’ll be taking in-house leadership training courses, other days you’ll be eating a catered lunch with your team mates. Grab a seat in the state-of-the-art office in 100 Kellogg Lane and collaborate the day away? What’s that, it’s the summer? Well, the 4-day work weeks have kicked in; enjoy those extra paid days off! Why not use one of your paid volunteer days to give back to your community? What else can we list? Competitive wages, amazing benefits, yearly performance-based bonuses, health and wellness programs, a literal award-winning culture, parental leave top-ups and all kinds of social events. To top all of this off, every day you get to choose how you get to do meaningful work with incredible people. So, looks like we’re obsessed with a few things here – data and our people!
The Director, Data and Insights will be the thought-leader and manager of our Data team. This individual will help to set and execute a multi-year data strategy while enabling and accelerating strategic CARFAX Canada projects. They will work to maintain emerging, industry capabilities including big data, predictive analytics, AI, ML, and other “data products” that our customers value. The Director, Data and Insights will lead a high performing Data team, responsible for analytics, governance, usability, data quality, and data platform.
- Partner with business stakeholders to ensure alignment of the data strategy with product and/or customer vertical accelerated growth strategies.
- Contribute to machine learning workflow for product development with special attention to data cleansing and preprocessing.
- Contribute to the re-architecture of CARFAX Canada’s data and product strategy, collaborating closely with Product, Development, and Data Acquisition peers.
- Lead the data team; innovate and implement data management best practices (including data governance, quality and business intelligence) to drive maximum ROI.
- Work closely with the Data Operations group to represent Data from a business standpoint at CARFAX Canada including Data Enablement, Data Analytics, and Analytics Platform.
- Provide strategic direction and technical leadership while coaching and developing team members.
- Support the needs of the business from a knowledge, use and data-analysis point-of-view.
- Leverage experience and knowledge required to initiate a modernization plan for our Data Framework.
- Partner with the CARFAX US team to identify and improve data integration opportunities.
Education and Experience Required:
- 10+ years of experience in data insights/analytics.
- 5+ years of experience in a senior management role providing mentorship and direction to a team of data professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, IT, or a related field.
- Experience leveraging AI and Data Science as an asset, especially for product optimization.
- Demonstrated understanding of emerging data technologies in a Microsoft Azure production environment.
- Experience implementing and managing data governance, data quality and business intelligence best practices.
- Demonstrated experience functioning in a strategic capacity with the ability to quickly adapt to different business drivers. Experience working with large volumes of data from disparate sources across complex business processes and functions.
- Analytical mindset with problem-solving skills, ability to “roll up their sleeves” and support the team when needed
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with team members, internal customers, business leaders and external vendors, strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical audiences.
- Excellent program and project management skills. Experience with Agile Development methodology is an asset.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit our website. https://www.carfax.ca/about-carfax/work-at-carfax. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is hired.
We’re committed to providing accommodations by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. For a confidential inquiry or to request an accommodation, please contact your recruiter or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CARFAX’s mission is to help millions of people shop, buy, service and sell used cars with more confidence. As a leader in vehicle history and valuation, CARFAX provides impartial and comprehensive information for consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX‘s Canadian headquarters in London, Ontario supports Canadian and U.S. markets, drawing on billions of data records from thousands of sources, enabling used vehicle buyers and sellers to make informed decisions. CARFAX is consistently recognized as a top employer and business. CARFAX is a part of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). Find out more at www.carfax.ca and connect with CARFAX on Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.