Front End Developer
Are you a React Front End Web Developer who is ready to build something cool?
Then bring your 5+ years of experience to the largest network of social properties around the globe - Diply. We have 130M fans across Lifestyle, Entertainment, DIY and Crafts, Parenting, and more for you to unleash your talents in managing a diverse team of content creators to produce a wide range of content - editorial, video & visual design - for all of our social brands that drive the engagement of our audiences and generate millions of daily visits to our site.
You might know us best for some of our social brands: Diply, Crafty, Mommy Needs Vodka, Aunty Acid and Diply Facts!.
This is the right role for you if you have experience in...
• Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
• Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
• Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
• Identify and communicate about technical problems, processes and solutions. More solutions is better :)
• Work with QA to ensure smooth, bug free releases
What Skill Set Should You Have?
You need to be curious and determined enough to pick up new technologies and languages as we were not kidding about switching. The team has switched from Angular to React and you never know when new languages and frameworks will come up. We want someone that would relish the chance to add to their resume and learn new things as opportunities arise.
You will need :
- An almost obnoxious attention to detail for proper coding structures and conventions, it is a small team ain’t nobody got time for messy code
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles (minimum 2 years of working with it and confidence in your skills)
- Skilled with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Familiarity with newer specifications of ECMAScript
- Skilled with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- Skilled with Visual Studio Code
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Firestore or Firebase
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Skilled with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
What Experience is Required?
All that being said, it’s important you have:
- Been in a senior or leading technical role on a web-based project from inception to launch.
- A great sense of design. Maybe you’re the person people go to for design help. People just trust that you make beautiful things. Because you do.
Great, passionate developers often have personal projects. We want to see them! Please link us to your github account or any kind of portfolio that showcases your best work.
Apply for this job