Test Automation Engineer
Position Location: London, Ontario
Voices is the Number 1 online marketplace for sourcing and hiring voice over talent and has been rated as one of Deloitte’s Fastest Growing Tech Companies in Canada.
Voices offers talented and motivated Test Automation Engineers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing company. As the Test Automation Engineer, you will conduct software testing and planning. You will analyze results to ensure they comply with the specifications and company standards. You will prepare reports on the same and confer with programmers, business analysts, and management. The Test Automation Engineer ensures that standardized methods and procedures are used for efficient and prompt handling of all quality assurance (QA) testing activities.
- Ensure all strategic projects and operational projects meet the highest quality possible by following industry recognized QA methodologies and best practices. The candidate must have experience in structured testing methodology, with a proven ability to breakdown business requirements/functional/non-functional requirements into high and detailed test cases and test scenarios.
- Develop test plans, test strategies, end to end test plan, test cases/scenarios and QA metric in support of test execution. Perform full functional, integration & regression testing on assigned projects. Experience in conducting walkthroughs of Test Plan and Test Cases with the project team and business.
- Be proficient in providing test estimates. Be proficient in gathering/creating test data using complex SQL queries. Also perform load testing/security testing and assure the System Health.
- Review functional specifications and assist in evaluating test approach profiling of manual test cases for automation test opportunities.
- Work with the customer Support during user acceptance testing. Conducts proper hand-off and walkthroughs with Customer Support staff.
- Assist Technical services during upgrades of automations tools and environments. Supporting computer operations issues or concerns as it pertains to Automation tools and environment.
- The candidate must have excellent communication, interpersonal and client interaction skills as they will be required to work closely with customer support, a diverse group of users, IT Management and application developers, in order to develop test strategies/ test scenarios and to follow QA processes consistently for strategic and operational projects.
- 2+ years of experience performing automated and manual regression testing on web and mobile applications
- Experience writing automated test scripts using selenium or any other automation tools
- Experience testing web applications built on LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) technologies
- Experience testing mobile applications on iOS and Android platforms
- Must be able to prepare test cases and test plan for large scale projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail and analytical thinking is a must
- Experience in all aspects of testing including functional, usability, load, and security testing
- Ability to check system logs and database records to verify technical test cases
- Must be able to perform in a small team / startup environment
- Prior experience as a business analyst / software programmer will be a plus
Equal Employment Opportunities
Voices values diversity. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Voices is committed to providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities; please let us know if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letter and resume by completing the online application. By doing so, your resume is guaranteed to be reviewed.